friday beyond delivery and beyond that

'ning

forecast rain rain rain rain, some rain, more rain, then rain, after which rain will continue, followed by rain

even coffee and cake is not enough, wfh

the horror the horror
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, fine but cold , but I believe Sungod mentioned some rain later on, shopping later if anything’s left on the shelves, cycling early
    Have a good day
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    Damp here but not raining (yet)
    WFH
    Tired
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,197
    Piddling down here. Have a (non) social (non) meet with some pals for a lunchtime beer or 2 planned. Need to dig out some waterproof stuff, me being a fair weather hobby type cyclist. Plus find those guards I put away somewhere...

Forecasting rain all day Saturday and most of Sunday. Bleh. Just as well there's racing to sit and watch.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    'ning

Tropical storms here (well, windy and rainy). Last night's version of me thought he'd get up, make a Thermos of coffee and go out for an early ride. This morning's version of me stayed in bed because of the weather!

Really need to fettle the winter bike...
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Need to finish some garden stuff this aft, blow and fill the hot tub up and enjoy some fizz when its warmed up.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Grim. Grim. Grim. The older I get, the more this bothers me. At least the house doesn't leak since it has been refurbished.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,128
    tbh i don't really mind riding in the rain, i just don't want my tubs cut to bits

i feel the lure of the cafe
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605
    edited October 2020
    Soggy day, luckily I'm holed up in the study torturing half year numbers until they tell me what I want to hear.

Junior hound has an infection in his paw so is currently called tripod, but seems to be recovering after the vet dished out anti-inflammatories and antibiotics for him.

Stropteen ended up helping some of her fellow students who couldn't hold their drink so had another late night and is now a bit knackered. Luckily there are no lectures yet, just general intro stuff at the COVID academy.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Oh yeh, I should add that my weekend in Krakow is now off and it'll probably cost more to stay at some fancy spa hotel here in good old Blighty.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Is it the weekend yet?

Working in the lounge as I thought it would be rude not to light the log burner.

Out later for a meal with the family.
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

Is it the weekend yet?

Working in the lounge as I thought it would be rude not to light the log burner.

Out later for a meal with the family.

Getting close, cider is in the fridge ready for later. Unfortunately the whole weekend looks like it's going to be gopping so keep that log burner going.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Afternoon folks,
    Another day of wfh but suffering a serious case of cba. Going through training stuff for the new computer system that should go live at the end of this month.
    Should be going for a run later, but it really is gopping out there.
    Went to get the reg no of the car that doored the Mrs, bumped into a woman that lives round the corner and she asked what happened to justify the witness appeal signs. Told her and she was very vocal about the thoughtlessness of people and how they should be more careful, hopefully the woman that did it heard as we were right outside her house.
    Stevo_666 said:

Stropteen ended up helping some of her fellow students who couldn't hold their drink ...

You've clearly trained her well.
  • Stevo_666

Afternoon folks,
    Another day of wfh but suffering a serious case of cba. Going through training stuff for the new computer system that should go live at the end of this month.
    Should be going for a run later, but it really is gopping out there.
    Went to get the reg no of the car that doored the Mrs, bumped into a woman that lives round the corner and she asked what happened to justify the witness appeal signs. Told her and she was very vocal about the thoughtlessness of people and how they should be more careful, hopefully the woman that did it heard as we were right outside her house.

Stevo_666 said:

Stropteen ended up helping some of her fellow students who couldn't hold their drink ...

You've clearly trained her well.
    I told her to just stick their head down the bog and go get some sleep :)
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Afternoon, interesting day of work thus far seeing as our primary supplier dropped the "nope I'm out" bombshell. Least we have some notice but its far from ideal.

Anyway storm Alex can do one I had plans this weekend reliant on it not being wetter than a nun in a brothel namely sawing great long lumps of timber so bang goes the weekend plans, woods are closed due to some moron having an accident involving a log pile ignoring the clear danger signs. Back wood is closed for Pheasenting so may attempt a spin on the quiet roads hopefully not picking up any stray shot from the usually poor aim of the old folks who seem to always turn up to the shoots.

I shall now set fire to the fire and enjoy some warmth with the dog an a whiskey, or the newly delivered jaffacake rum, not decided yet.
  • tlw1
    Step83 - not a great deal of options out there either
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    edited October 2020
    step83 said:

Afternoon, interesting day of work thus far seeing as our primary supplier dropped the "nope I'm out" bombshell. Least we have some notice but its far from ideal.

We've recently had something similar: some work that can only be done during a short window so we've got all the permits and licences sorted, someone booked in to do it next week, only for them to turn round this week and say sorry no can do.
  • Evening all. A distraught two days dealing with fwits. Cost me untoldctime I'll never get back.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    tlw1 said:

Nope, I think we only have one potential, an they are terrible, still got a bit of time yet.
  • It is Friday, home from the club already, beer cap released, glug glug... not at all ready for bed... what a todo... far too late for work talk and the country’s ground to a halt, shame the coronavirus doesn’t follow the rules :/
  • tlw1
    step83 said:

tlw1 said:

Nope, I think we only have one potential, an they are terrible, still got a bit of time yet.
    I have a mate at the french option, he doesn’t think it’s great for anyone