Has Your Saddle Height Changed Over Time?

I’ve always had the same saddle height for years & felt comfortable, no issues at all.

Over the past few weeks I’ve been getting pain at the front of one of my knees & was starting to feel a little bit hunched up on the bike like I wasn’t fully extending at the bottom of the stroke if that makes sense.

Stuck my saddle up about 5mm & the pain has all but gone. I feel much better & might even put it up a wee bit more.

Is this normal to suddenly feel discomfort & to need to put the saddle up after so long with it set the same?

Comments

• If it’s the same saddle it is likely to have sagged by quite a bit over time. I’d measure carefully ( assuming you keep a record of your position) and maybe consider a new saddle if the centre has dropped by a bit.
  • ibr17xvii
    ibr17xvii Posts: 1,065

If it’s the same saddle it is likely to have sagged by quite a bit over time. I’d measure carefully ( assuming you keep a record of your position) and maybe consider a new saddle if the centre has dropped by a bit.

Good point. Saddle is about 2 years old, maybe done 5000 miles so should be ok.

Measuring is the tricky bit, always seem to struggle to get it bang on consistently.
  • Maybe you have have started extending your ankle joint more at the bottom of the pedal stroke over time?
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    Oh man, to NOT say something sarcastic here took all my strength.
  • ibr17xvii
    ibr17xvii Posts: 1,065
    edited October 2020

Maybe you have have started extending your ankle joint more at the bottom of the pedal stroke over time?

I’ve never been very flexible at all so that could certainly be a cause.

dennisn said:

Oh man, to NOT say something sarcastic here took all my strength.

Thanks for your input.