PTP2020 - Giro d'Italia - Saturday 3rd October - Sunday 25th October

1131415161719»

Comments

• jimmyjams
    jimmyjams Posts: 707
    Thanks from me too, to RR for keeping score.
    And also well done to Pblakeney for winning.
    And I commiserate with FCE2007 for not winning despite being the only punter who had a GC man to the end.

I only looked at the score-sheet once during the 3 weeks, about halfway through, just to see where I stood; I didn't really notice the standings of others then.
    So I'm curious to know if Pblakeney, like TGH, also came gradually from behind to win, or if he (Pb) led throughout, or if there was a decisive earlier stage which led to Pb taking the lead and he maintaining it till his eventual victory. If Pb or RR would like to tell .....?
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,596
    edited October 2020
    jimmyjams said:

Thanks from me too, to RR for keeping score.
    And also well done to Pblakeney for winning.
    And I commiserate with FCE2007 for not winning despite being the only punter who had a GC man to the end.

I only looked at the score-sheet once during the 3 weeks, about halfway through, just to see where I stood; I didn't really notice the standings of others then.
    So I'm curious to know if Pblakeney, like TGH, also came gradually from behind to win, or if he (Pb) led throughout, or if there was a decisive earlier stage which led to Pb taking the lead and he maintaining it till his eventual victory. If Pb or RR would like to tell .....?

I slowly rose up from the bottom third, taking the lead in the last few days.
    Key stages were getting Demare's 1st in S6, Puccio 2nd in S8, and Ulissi 1st in S13.
    I then played safe. Today's stage made that particularly easy. 😉
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    Thanks for scoring!