Thursday, what a kerfuffle

Morning, wet but mild, hopefully get out for a ride if the sun shines :)
By the way it’s Lincolnshire day
Have a good day

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Walk hounds and then training plan says run.

Later should be pub stuff for the first time this week 😳
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,532
    'ning

colder, hope yesterday's deluge has dried

ride, cafe, wfh continues, better than people trying to kill me i suppose, just, may make something with maths
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,146
    'Ning
    WFH, our team is now 8 instad of 10 :disappointed:

Seems to still be a bit soggy here (and dark) so I'll defer the bike ride until later when the sun's out.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Sun what kind of accusation is that??

None here cold an grey, meetings galore today being first of the month so extra strong extra bitter coffee to give me the required level of sarcasm.
    Also, where did October sneak up from? Its only April.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,532
    oxoman said:

...Semi retirement is very distinct possibility, let's see what happens. On other news heard from my sister over scans and biopsy,s etc. No immediate action but planned intervention just after Christmas. Prognosis looks good.

two good things and it's not even 9 yet!
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Oxo - cracking news on two fronts
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Nice one Oxo, fewer annoying colleagues (I think you call them the Noddy squad!), and even better a good prognosis for your sister.

Step seems to have turned Icelandic.

Ran out of coffee beans (more arrive today thankfully), so had some brown swill made from a "coffee bag". Yuk.

Today seems light on meetings, let's see if I can do some delegating and catch up on a few missed crosswords.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,480

High 6 Dave :)

Encouraging news on the Sis front Oxo. Although beware of retirement as sometimes you just get a new boss who doesn't pay you for doing crappy jobs. I know a few people who've come out of retirement to escape the trouble 'n' strife.

In the office today, it was was a bit murky when I set off but nice enough pedalling weather. Coffee now, calories later.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,146
    hopkinb said:

Or he's been for a big freezer shop.
  • WFW, I really should take BJs advice and throw in the occasional bike day work from home day.
    Dryish but DIY threatens when I get home from work.
    In all my 23 years here at HD enterprises we've hardly used technology during meetings but I've bought some bits off the rainforest place and am going to turn our board room into something more useful: Somewhere I can watch youtube videos on a massive screen :)
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Good news, @oxoman . :smile:

WFH again here. Would like to squeeze in a walk and possibly a turbo session.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Stevo_666 said:

High 6 Dave :)

High 6 Stevo
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    hopkinb said:

Nice one Oxo, fewer annoying colleagues (I think you call them the Noddy squad!), and even better a good prognosis for your sister.

Ran out of coffee beans (more arrive today thankfully), so had some brown swill made from a "coffee bag". Yuk.

Today seems light on meetings, let's see if I can do some delegating and catch up on a few missed crosswords.

I'm about a quarter Icelandic, so I'm going with it, beats the Democratic Republic of Camden an less likely to cause offense.

Brown instant swill coffee? Bleugh

I an anti technology move I managed to source a watch strap from a local jewellers, turns out 22mm curve bar straps are not the most common things. Does mean I now have my automatic watch on again as opposed to my Garmin.

Off to feed the log burner, its not very warm today, an its now raining.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Beans arrived. Espresso made. Life is good.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    hopkinb said:

Beans arrived. Espresso made. Life is good.

I was worried for you, for a minute.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/

• By the way it’s Lincolnshire day

Jolly good, but what is a yellowbelly supposed to do today?
    I don't like the look of the flag that's been imposed on us BTW

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    edited October 2020

Jolly good, but what is a yellowbelly supposed to do today?

Go out and get drunk before the pubs shut down :)
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    Evening folks,
    Wfw for most of the day, went in late after dealing with emails from home and making sure the EPO was comfortable. Physio appointment after work, I'm sure they enjoy inflicting pain. After all that couldn't be aris'd to cook anything so fish and chips seemed sensible.
    Should I change my avatar to an Italian flag? Round to Hoppy's for coffee tomorrow, I vaguely know which one is his house.
    Very pleased for you and your sis Oxo, great news.
    Happy L day LD.