Turbo Trainer and Indexing Gears

I recently bought a Wahoo Kickr Core turbo to see me through the worst of the winter. When I put the bike on I realised that the indexing was out and the bike wouldn't shift into the biggest cog on the cassette, which was strange as the bike shifts perfectly with my back wheel in.

Apparently this is to do with the hub Wahoo uses which differs from the industry standard? Anyway, I was hoping to switch between turbo and outside riding with ease this winter so..

Is it possible to replace the hub on the turbo with something that will let me switch between turbo and outdoor riding with no indexing and faff between the two? If so any recommendations what I'd need?

I run Shimano 105 11s 11-34

Advice much appreciated. :)

Comments

• whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,702
    There is no industry standard unfortunately. You sometimes get lucky, you sometimes don't. It will probably only need a quick adjustment to the barrel adjuster to go each way though.
  • You probably won't need the 34 tooth on a turbo anyhow, so I'd not worry too much tbh
  • me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915
    Is it the limit screw stopping the mech from changing or is the indexing across all gears slightly out?