'ning

must get winter togs out

ride if dry, cafes, do complicated thing wfh, relax
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    edited September 2020
    Morning, I agree with the winter togs sungod, raining with a strong Wind, what a lovely start to autumn, shopping first that’s if anything left on the shelves, (I hear People are panic buying again )
    Have a god day
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    edited September 2020

shopping first that’s if anything left on the shelves, (I hear People are panic buying again )

Popped in to the supermarket yesterday for some bits and overheard one of the members of staff saying "have you seen the state of the toilet roll aisle?"
    Non working day again today, might try and get up to llandegla seeing as it's not tipping it down today.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Wore base layer for last nights run 😢 plans to try some of the route for the next race are genius - but finished at 23:30 and then an hour and a half drive home 🤬 bright side new car is very quick

Today is work stuff and then 4 friends over for a social distancing dinner
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    rain ran rain, grrr, third morning in a row, splash to cafe in a while

mrs s has the heating on and is not going out until summer
  • Yup, rain here too in the People's Republic of East London. Work, work, work today. It's a four letter word and the curse of the drinking classes.
    Not a Giro Hero!
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170

Yup, rain here too in the People's Republic of East London. Work, work, work today. It's a four letter word and the curse of the drinking classes.

Does that mean I can start using the Democratic Republic of Camden again when people ask where I was born? :D

Certainly winter clobber time, hoofed the storage bags out the top of the wardrobe to swap later.
    Madness, was a calm 24c Sunday, now its a blustery 8c, anywho I have to monitor data being excreted from high performance hybrid motorised vehicles in deepest darkest Russia today.
    First things first, coffee, music and log burner.
  • Certainly can, comrade 83.
    Not a Giro Hero!
  • All quite here in the Soviet Republic of Parkstone. WFH, no time for bike ride today, too and making more ppt slides for later, very busy drinking espresso.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158

Morning, I agree with the winter togs sungod, raining with a strong Wind, what a lovely start to autumn, shopping first that’s if anything left on the shelves, (I hear People are panic buying again )
    Have a god day

I popped into Sainsburys last night to get a few bit n pieces and there was a fair bit of bog roll. Most of the big family packs had gone but there was a decent stock of 9 and 4 packs. I reckon enough people realise from last time that its not arsewipe Armageddon time. I picked up a 4 pack for junior to take to Liverpool as I don't know if they have the stuff up there even in normal times.

Onwards to conference calls...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    edited September 2020
    Stevo_666 said:

Have a god day

I popped into Sainsburys last night to get a few bit n pieces and there was a fair bit of bog roll. Most of the big family packs had gone but there was a decent stock of 9 and 4 packs. I reckon enough people realise from last time that its not arsewipe Armageddon time. I picked up a 4 pack for junior to take to Liverpool as I don't know if they have the stuff up there even in normal times.

Run one of those shower attachments that go the taps under the toilet seat as a makeshit bidet. We have no shortages in our cache.
  • thistle_
    edited September 2020
    Stevo_666 said:

Have a god day

There's plenty, they use The Sun there.

Bit windy out. On the plus side I was freewheeling up some of the hills with the tailwind.
  • Stevo_666
    Oxo, if you run out she'll just have to use the hose pipe :smile:

Seems a few of us have OH's who seems to have a mission to eliminate all bog roll from the known universe. Fortunately our lav paper consumption drops significantly next week when Stropteen pushes off to the Covid Institute, sorry Uni.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    many lives ago in equatorial parts i got used to the bucket of water and jug method

the shattaf/douche in arab lands is best, though high pressure can result in hilarious accidents, i recall hearing a scream as an unsuspecting westerner accidentally drenched himself, there was water spraying over the top of the door

both way cleaner than smearing excrement around with paper
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon from the Royal borough of Kingston upon Thames,
    Chaotic day of wfh, lots of idiots to deal with. All dispensed so far, don't you love it when idiots don't get the answer they want so cc the MD on their follow up email, then get schooled by the MD as well.
    Lad was still half cut this morning having been out for his birthday bash last night. They obeyed the rules and started really early, finished up with 3 of them in our back garden once the pubs shut.
    Taking him up to Brum tomorrow, I'll keep an eye out for fast blue estate cars on the M40. Or is it quicker up the M1 from darkest SE?
    Had our food delivery a short while ago including stocks to go to Brum. Distinct shortage of pasta. I should get some sort of special dispensation as we always buy it by the barrowful, not just when panic buying. Didn't order bog roll, the lad can get his own.
  • Stevo_666

Afternoon from the Royal borough of Kingston upon Thames,
    Chaotic day of wfh, lots of idiots to deal with. All dispensed so far, don't you love it when idiots don't get the answer they want so cc the MD on their follow up email, then get schooled by the MD as well.
    Lad was still half cut this morning having been out for his birthday bash last night. They obeyed the rules and started really early, finished up with 3 of them in our back garden once the pubs shut.
    Taking him up to Brum tomorrow, I'll keep an eye out for fast blue estate cars on the M40. Or is it quicker up the M1 from darkest SE?
    Had our food delivery a short while ago including stocks to go to Brum. Distinct shortage of pasta. I should get some sort of special dispensation as we always buy it by the barrowful, not just when panic buying. Didn't order bog roll, the lad can get his own.

I think we'll be going M1 unless there's a problem, but we're not off till next week as we've been given a designated drop off slot to spread out the arrivals.

No such drunken-ness in our house as Stropteen had already done her celebrations before her mates started disappearing to uni. I'll have to change her nickname next year as Stroptwentysomething doesn't roll off the tongue quite as well. Stress bag will still be Stressbag though and she's going into overdrive with the uni prep just now...
  • sungod
    if the scottish solution spreads, come december you could be calling her quaranteeny and sending food parcels :smiley:
  • thistle_
    Supermarket status normal but they seem to have been cleaned out of bog roll, pardon the pun.
    I'll assume there's some whankathon planned this weekend and it's not that I'm surrounded by morons.
  • sungod

I'll assume there's some whankathon planned this weekend and it's not that I'm surrounded by morons.

johnson et alia getting off on the lib dem conference?
  • Stevo_666
    sungod said:

if the scottish solution spreads, come december you could be calling her quaranteeny and sending food parcels :smiley:

I like that name :D

I guess sending a few pot noodles and bottles of Woodpecker in the post is a decent trade off for some peace at Christmas >:)
  • Stevo_666
    edited September 2020

Supermarket status normal but they seem to have been cleaned out of bog roll, pardon the pun.

That's a bit s h i t.
  • sungod
    Stevo_666 said:

sungod said:

I like that name :D

I guess sending a few pot noodles and bottles of Woodpecker in the post is a decent trade off for some peace at Christmas >:)
    it still has more to give, next there's quarantwenty
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Stevo_666 said:

Stress bag will still be Stressbag though and she's going into overdrive with the uni prep just now...

I can imagine. We have a milder form of that, but with the addition of not being able to move and worrying about food for tonight. All whilst I'm trying to wfh, being in the office has definite advantages ;-)
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

Stress bag will still be Stressbag though and she's going into overdrive with the uni prep just now...

I can imagine. We have a milder form of that, but with the addition of not being able to move and worrying about food for tonight. All whilst I'm trying to wfh, being in the office has definite advantages ;-)
    I'll definitely be having 1 or 2 days a week in the office from now on. For the same reasons o:) And a good excuse to get some pedalling in.