thursday considering additional port storage capacity

'ning

ride if dry, cafe, wfh, maybe a nap
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Morning, Brrrr it’s only 4 degs c outside , just walked tigger and could have done with another layer on, I will hopefully get the garden sorted out today , on the bike later if it stays dry.
    Have a good day
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'Ning

Interlude in the downpours at the moment but looks wet for the rest of the day.

WFH today then gym hopefully.

Was chilly last night here, haven't been out yet to check the current temperature.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Work stuff then pick up the kids new laptop and current wife’s car from the stealers
  • woken by the rain the 5am, grrr.
    Wife and kids sent off to school and other task locations.
    Interwebs down first thing and thought i might have to go into work but up now, so WFH with a gazzillion Zoom meetings.
    Might cycle into work during the day if fine and play with my CMM before the students start back in Ernest.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,431

woken by the rain the 5am, grrr.
    Wife and kids sent off to school and other task locations.
    Interwebs down first thing and thought i might have to go into work but up now, so WFH with a gazzillion Zoom meetings.
    Might cycle into work during the day if fine and play with my CMM before the students start back in Ernest.

tell them to leave ernest alone

early deluge, brightened a bit, still soggy roads, head for a cafe i think
  • In the gym at 6.30 and now back working from work.
    Might order a cable and other stuff later.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149

Morning, Brrrr it’s only 4 degs c outside , just walked tigger and could have done with another layer on, I will hopefully get the garden sorted out today , on the bike later if it stays dry.
    Have a good day

It's grim up North weather-wise (although I'd probably class you as East Midlands LD), I'm sure we were just in double figures when I ventured out on the bike at 7am.

In the office where its very sparsely populated after the 'work at home if you can' guidance came out. Great, loads of space.

Was chatting on email yesterday with a mate from NZ who's a bit of a fellow petrol head. He asked for a few pics of The Panzer and when I sent them he said he liked it and commented that it was 'practical and yet grossly irresponsible at the same time'. I replied 'Why do you think I bought it?' :p
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,607
    Clever thread title. Embargo Day 2. No activity allowed. A bit like Gummint rules yet to come. Need to drop new graveller off for a bit more bed in fettling.

Just taken delivery of my 2nd HelloFresh full set of ingredients planned recipes thing. Doing it to introduce some new ideas into the repertoire, found I was buying the same old same old. Pretty good value on the intro promo; some good recipes which I can play with, add to. Only slight annoyance is the amount of packaging, e.g. each measured portion of a sauce or a spice comes in its own little plastic pot / sachet, which it has to.

Otherwise will be do nowt, watch the womens' TT.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Ning. Breakfast, taken FIL to the docs, quick shop at DM for toiletries and protein bars, walking now.

Peaceful.

Actually struggling again this week - considering the chemical route for the MH woes.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • thistle_
    orraloon said:

Just taken delivery of my 2nd HelloFresh full set of ingredients planned recipes thing. Doing it to introduce some new ideas into the repertoire, found I was buying the same old same old. Pretty good value on the intro promo; some good recipes which I can play with, add to. Only slight annoyance is the amount of packaging, e.g. each measured portion of a sauce or a spice comes in its own little plastic pot / sachet, which it has to..

I've been thinking of doing this but haven't got round to it. I probably wouldn't go for the big order so it would work out a bit more expensive for me.

I've got a Rustlers burger in the fridge for lunch :)

• thistle_
    Ben6899 said:

Ning. Breakfast, taken FIL to the docs, quick shop at DM for toiletries and protein bars, walking now.

Peaceful.

Actually struggling again this week - considering the chemical route for the MH woes.

Watching the womens' TT might perk you up, depending on the camera angles and if you're into that kind of thing :wink:
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,431
    hmm, just noticed veloflex sprinter tubs on sale at merlin, the ones sadly replaced by the current (fatter) range, seems like a good time to lay a few extra down in a cool dark place next to the port

cafe beckons, before the rain starts
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Working from kitchen. Yawn. Watching rain batter against the glass. Yawn. Ordering a monitor/keyboard/mouse etc - I had been holding out, expecting to return to the office, but may as well cough for them now - will make life easier.

• Another day filled with face palm moments. This is not a good thing. Been testing a proposed "fix" for some software bugs that technically might appear ok, but in practice will bring the entire warehouse to a standstill.

Boss was perplexed when I asked if they could postpone implementation of this fix till Thursday next week.

Reminded him I finish up on Wednesday.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • orraloon

orraloon said:

....HelloFresh full set of ingredients planned recipes thing...

I've been thinking of doing this but haven't got round to it. I probably wouldn't go for the big order so it would work out a bit more expensive for me.

I've got a Rustlers burger in the fridge for lunch :)

They have 2,3,4 portion options for each dish of my choice of 5 recipes so as I'm solo, I have the 2 portion one i.e. 10 good sized portions. Save 1/2 for later, freeze it etc. The intro promo I have is 50% off first order, then 35% off next 3. Weekly calendar but can opt out and in whenever. I'll see how long I run this for. Interesting recipes: tonight's will be a curried paneer dahl pie, a new thing for me.

Gravel bike refettled and even cleaned! The Halfords guy was good, chatty, plus he commutes on a Danny MacAskill style street trials bike!
  • thistle_
    orraloon said:

They have 2,3,4 portion options for each dish of my choice of 5 recipes so as I'm solo, I have the 2 portion one i.e. 10 good sized portions. Save 1/2 for later, freeze it etc. The intro promo I have is 50% off first order, then 35% off next 3.

Didn't even think about getting the bigger portions and freezing some - great idea.

• step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170

Another day filled with face palm moments. This is not a good thing. Been testing a proposed "fix" for some software bugs that technically might appear ok, but in practice will bring the entire warehouse to a standstill.

Boss was perplexed when I asked if they could postpone implementation of this fix till Thursday next week.

Reminded him I finish up on Wednesday.

Seems familiar, we did the Evergreen update so moved to a SAAS, I think about 80% of the devices failed to update over the VPN as it has a time out on it. The "fix" was replace all the WFH devices that failed!

Hoppy, see if you can claim back under work expenses, most places should be supplying them to staff as its not technically their fault they are WFH.

Had a themed video chat today had to have something Russian, so I chose a bottle of Russian Standard, which I was drinking casually on camera. Few others had the same idea. Seemed to go well but now I'm not in the mood to work.
  • thistle_
    step83 said:

Hoppy, see if you can claim back under work expenses, most places should be supplying them to staff as its not technically their fault they are WFH.

Our place has let people take keyboards/mice/screens/docking stations/chairs/whatever else isn't bolted down home although people had to sign them out to make sure they get brought back.

• hopkinb
    step83 said:

Aye, it'll be going on exes. Dunno why I haven't bought before - but being back in the office on Tuesday was a revelation - big screen, proper keyboard, not having to use a trackpad.

• hopkinb said:

step83 said:

Aye, it'll be going on exes. Dunno why I haven't bought before - but being back in the office on Tuesday was a revelation - big screen, proper keyboard, not having to use a trackpad.

You can also claim an allowance off the taxman if you have told to work from home.
  • hopkinb
    See, now I've been working in accountancy for 25 years and tax (albeit corporate tax) for 22. However, it would never have occurred to me to make that claim.

Now, let's see how much we can get back for Mrs H3's home office and the pricey high speed internetz.
  • orraloon
    I take it HB you have never advised the self employed on tax and 'mitigation' of such? 😊
  • step83

hopkinb said:

step83 said:

You can also claim an allowance off the taxman if you have told to work from home.
    Tell me more...
  • hopkinb
    orraloon said:

I take it HB you have never advised the self employed on tax and 'mitigation' of such? 😊

Never, not since my ACA and CTA exams anyway. My speciality is transfer pricing (even worse, banking specific) and designing and maintaining control frameworks for tax departments, oh, and minion kicking.

My new(ish) job is much much wider ranging, and I am on a steep learning curve at the age of 46, but still no advice for the self employed (or employed who have been instructed to wfh). Bear in mind I had to pay back 12 grand of child benefit plus interest and penalties last year because Mrs H³ "forgot" to tell the gubmint to stop paying it to us, and seeing as it was never paid to me, I never noticed. Don't listen to me full stop, but especially don't listen to me in respect of your personal finances.
  • hopkinb
    step83 said:

hopkinb said:

step83 said:

Tell me more...
    https://www.gov.uk/tax-relief-for-employees/working-at-home
  • step83
    hopkinb said:

step83 said:

hopkinb said:

step83 said:

Tell me more...
    https://www.gov.uk/tax-relief-for-employees/working-at-home
    I'll get the gas/electric bills!