Geometry differences...

I am going to buy a Wilier Cento10 SL. I'll be coming off a Giant TCR 2017. Looking at the geometry, for a medium (which I am), the stack is 9mm higher and the reach 4mm shorter.

How much of a difference will I feel?

Comments

• paulbox
    paulbox Posts: 1,203
    About 9mm in one direction and 4mm in another... In. Y experience you won’t notice if if getting on cold. Might notice a little something if switching between bikes directly.
    XC: Giant Anthem X
    Fun: Yeti SB66
    Road: Litespeed C1, Cannondale Supersix Evo, Cervelo R5
    Trainer: Bianchi via Nirone
    Hack: GT hardtail with Schwalbe City Jets
  • vegas76
    vegas76 Posts: 278
    paulbox said:

About 9mm in one direction and 4mm in another... In. Y experience you won’t notice if if getting on cold. Might notice a little something if switching between bikes directly.

Thanks, hopefully I won't notice too much of a difference.
  • paulbox
    paulbox Posts: 1,203
    It might suit you better.
    XC: Giant Anthem X
    Fun: Yeti SB66
    Road: Litespeed C1, Cannondale Supersix Evo, Cervelo R5
    Trainer: Bianchi via Nirone
    Hack: GT hardtail with Schwalbe City Jets
  • vegas76
    paulbox said:

It might suit you better.

Will see, unfortunately, its a 8 week wait... Just compared the Cento10 and it seem much more gentle than the Aeroad.
  • WROP - If that's just the frame geometry then depending on how many spacers you have beneath the stem (for stack) and how long your current stem is (for reach) you could well be able to replicate the same set up if that's what you wanted to do.

If you currently have no spacers beneath the stem then you can still get the same position through zero/lower stack headset maybe and negative stems etc.
  • vegas76
    edited September 2020

WROP - If that's just the frame geometry then depending on how many spacers you have beneath the stem (for stack) and how long your current stem is (for reach) you could well be able to replicate the same set up if that's what you wanted to do.

If you currently have no spacers beneath the stem then you can still get the same position through zero/lower stack headset maybe and negative stems etc.

What is WROP?

I have all the spacers under my stem at the moment - good call!
  • with regard original post

If by all the spacers you mean more than 9mm than you should have no issue with getting your position the same.
  • zest28
    zest28 Posts: 403
    vegas76 said:

I am going to buy a Wilier Cento10 SL. I'll be coming off a Giant TCR 2017. Looking at the geometry, for a medium (which I am), the stack is 9mm higher and the reach 4mm shorter.

How much of a difference will I feel?

Depends on the rider. I do notice even a 1mm difference. My mechanic is even suprised by it.

Hence why I am always adjusting my bikes constantly for an even better fit.