Wanted- Surrey Hills Mountain Biking buddies

Hi all,

After a few years without MTB, due to living in Singapore, i have recently got back to it. I am riding the trials around Peaslake most weekends and looking for some riding buddies.

Anyone else looking for riding mates around Surrey Hills?

Cheers,
James.

Comments

• Hey James. I'm coming back to MTB after some years off so I wouldn't really make a good buddy (yet). But I'm improving so maybe in the spring?

Am in Guildford, but haven't tried Peaslake yet. Have been round the Queen Elizabeth Park (down the A3 past Petersfield) which was okay but about my limit for now.

(BTW did you post a Boardman MTR8.8 vid on YT recently?)
  • No not me posting on YT.

What are the trails like in Queen Elizabeth Park?

Yeah spring is good although if you feel up to some trails around Peaslake before then just let me know. I am up there most weekends.

Cheers.
  • me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915
    Cycle shop in Leatherhead (part of a small chain) used to have a midweek (Tuesday night?) ride. Give them a call to see if anything is still on. Used to meet at different kicking off spots including Peaslake.
  • yearofthegoat
    yearofthegoat Posts: 71
    edited October 2020
    QEP's not bad but not massive (IMO). The advanced trail is better than the blue one, but that' still good fun. My 9yo loved that one and so did I (mainly because you can get the speed up with it being simpler, not saying it's just for kids!)

There's a car park and a cafe but the car park is £7 for a day.

There is lots of riding around there though - Butser Hill and surrounding area - but it's maybe not DH type stuff.

I ride with my kids and the wife so it's good to be able to do a loop which includes a blast round QEP at some point and more normal tour-y (think Nick Cotton book) type riding.

What's Peaslake like?
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Nirvana Cycles, an MTB bike shop in Westcott, just outside Dorking also does some organised rides.

https://www.nirvanacycles.com/the-shop-rides
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • me-109 said:

Cycle shop in Leatherhead (part of a small chain) used to have a midweek (Tuesday night?) ride. Give them a call to see if anything is still on. Used to meet at different kicking off spots including Peaslake.

Cheers!
  • elbowloh said:

Nirvana Cycles, an MTB bike shop in Westcott, just outside Dorking also does some organised rides.

https://www.nirvanacycles.com/the-shop-rides

Cheers i've dropped them an e-mail to find out how to join.