saturday aaarrrrr it be time to splice the mainbrace

'ning

ride, aaarrrr, cafes, aaarrrr, feast and grog, well bubbly, aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrr

for it be international talk like a pirate day

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Morning ship mates, cooler this morning club run at 8:30, tdf TT later it looks like Roglic will be in yellow tomorrow.
    Have a good weekend
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,515
    Ahoy me hearties.

Feeling pretty good considering I was enjoying free beer last night. It was indeed a p1ss up in a brewery and I didn't even have to organise it :) . Met a few of the other owners there drinking their own booze.

Got a few jobs to do today so best crack on at some point.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,324
    Morning folks,
    Traditional slow start was interrupted by a knock at the door. A few neighbours had heard about the trouble and bought her a card and some presents. Finally managed to get her up the stairs last night so she couldn't say thank you in person. Today's challenge is getting her back down without breaking anything else.
    Lad is going to Swinley with some mates and has asked to borrow my Cotic, bit nervous as he's a bit of a bike breaker so I read him the riot act.
    I need to pop into Kingston to complete the task the Mrs set out to do last week, hopefully I'll get there and back in one piece. A peg leg being overkill today, arrrrr.

How's the head Stevo?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,515

Morning folks,
    Traditional slow start was interrupted by a knock at the door. A few neighbours had heard about the trouble and bought her a card and some presents. Finally managed to get her up the stairs last night so she couldn't say thank you in person. Today's challenge is getting her back down without breaking anything else.
    Lad is going to Swinley with some mates and has asked to borrow my Cotic, bit nervous as he's a bit of a bike breaker so I read him the riot act.
    I need to pop into Kingston to complete the task the Mrs set out to do last week, hopefully I'll get there and back in one piece. A peg leg being overkill today, arrrrr.

How's the head Stevo?

OK actually. Must be good beer - they were certainly doing a roaring trade last night.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,871
    Active morning with walking hounds, running and then a ride with a headwind in all directions 🙄

Now looking after kids whilst wife has her haircut for most of the day, ready to go out later with friends
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,690
    Mi tink pirates did from di Caribbean? Or mi did get dat wrong somehow?

Lazy start. Didn't wake up til near 10. Get arris in gear and do a ride this afternoon before catch the back end of the time trial. Weather still holding good into middle of next week, need to take advantage before the grot (and the next set of boxxox 'rules') sets in.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Rode out to Windsor and back with school dads. Unfortunately the coffee shop wasn't open, but found a cafe and had a cup of tea.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Aaaaar. Ahhhhhaaaaaar. Shiver me timbers. Polly have a biscuit.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,324
    Stevo_666 said:

Morning folks,

How's the head Stevo?

OK actually. Must be good beer - they were certainly doing a roaring trade last night.
    Doing better than the lad then :D
    I'm hoping the hangover slows him down. Might have to head over to the badlands of SE and join you for a taste.
    Successful trip to Kingston and back with no injuries, that's a win in our house nowadays.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,552
    edited September 2020
    from long before harrods went downhill...

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/61985/61985-h/61985-h.htm#p0146 (takes a while to load)

i do like the pineapple silver coffee pot, and their port and bubbly prices are excellent

also plenty of bikes, knuckle dusters and guns too, yaarrrrr
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,152
    Very meh day here. Not sure what the pirate woed for that is.
    sungod said:

also plenty of bikes, knuckle dusters and guns too, yaarrrrr

That would've made the time trial more fun today.

Phone's just reminded me I was supposed to be doing a BHF overnight ride tonight with a friend, but you know, covid and stuff.