older mavic ksyrium ssc or newer specialized axis 2.0

hey guys . need a bit of advice . have 2 wheelsets older mavic ksyrium ssc or newer specialized axis 2.0.
now normally id go for the newer less worn axis but the mavics are considerably lighter (about 350g for the pair roughly on kitchen scale but you can feel the difference by hand)
the hubs on both are smooth . they are both quite true the spokes tension is good .
the only real tell of wear on the mavics is the brake surface which is concave but not to a ridiculous amount tho its noticeable (id say roughly 15 - 20% concave wear ) wheres the axis is not worn at all (roughly 3 - 5% )
thanks

Comments

• navrig2
    navrig2 Posts: 1,844
    What advice are you asking for?

Which to buy second hand, which to fit to your new self build?

You don't actually ask a question.
  • i acttualy said i have the 2 wheelsets .unsure whether to use the much more worn lighter more expensive mavic or close to new axis 2.0
  • navrig2
    navrig2 Posts: 1,844
    So you made a statement of what you have but you didn't ask a question around which to frame advice.
  • .. well its kinda implied .. the question is which one of the 2 would you go for
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    To do what. If you are going on a 3 month tour over the Alps I wouldn’t use the Mavics. However if you just nipping out for 40 miles they are probably fine.

• well . day to day use .. commuting etc .
    point and case . mavics are better and lighter (aprox 350g pair) but more worn (hubs run smooth; tension is good no wobble.. break surface is concave 20% ish) .. axis very little wear but heavier and i guess cheaper ..
    which would you go for?
  • navrig2 said:

So you made a statement of what you have but you didn't ask a question around which to frame advice.

and i mean . are you pulling my leg or what i dont get it .. its quite obvious what im asking
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Just use them in which ever way you feel like. There’s no right or wrong way and in another year or so depending on how much you use them. The Mavics will be done.
  • lesfirth
    lesfirth Posts: 1,382

navrig2 said:

and i mean . are you pulling my leg or what i dont get it .. its quite obvious what im asking
    Welcome to the forum. Don't let your first post put you off. :)