Drivetrain upgrade help

Greetings!

I have a 29" 3x8 Fuji hardtail.
I own it since new and is now a 5 year old bike and it has stock drivetrain.

Now.
I only change front gears when my chain slips into a lower gear so that I bring it back onto the middle chainring.

All of the shifting is done with a Shimano Acera RD-M360-SGS 8 speed rear derailleur.

I replaced my chain a week ago and now it slips when i put the power down because the cassette is worn.

Since I need to replace the cassette anyway I was thinking of upgrading the drivetrain to a 1x10 settup.

My current components are:
shimano altus sl-m310
shimano altus fd m310
shimano acera rd-m360-SGS

New components I'm thinking about:
shimano deore sl-m6000
Front derailleur delete and just one 32T chainring
shimano deore dr-m6000-sgs
11-34 or 11-36 cassette

All in all I'm thinking this will cost me around 200€
Do you have any other recommendations I should take a look at or what to look for and what to avoid?

I know it would be easier just to sell this bike and save money for a new 1x10 bike but I like how this bike feels and it fits me well so that's why Im going for an upgrade.

Thanks,
Sven

Comments

• Before you decide on which front ring and which gear range on the cassette, do some sums and work out what gear range you have right now on your 3x8. Then compare it with what you would have after going 1x10.

You will find that you have a choice to make: Do you want to go as fast on the flat, or to get up steep hills?
  • Before you decide on which front ring and which gear range on the cassette, do some sums and work out what gear range you have right now on your 3x8. Then compare it with what you would have after going 1x10.

You will find that you have a choice to make: Do you want to go as fast on the flat, or to get up steep hills?

Alright. I'll do that. I think I will get it very similar to what I have now because I have a 11-34 cassette and a 22-32-42 front gears. Maybe more focused on the hills.
    Thanks.