Planet X have disappeared?

Does anyone know what has happened at Planet X?

I was hoping they might have a presence here or someone might know someone...

I've used them for years, but I placed an order at the start of the week, and my money's been taken, but I've heard nothing.

I called their phones and the phone line is switched off. It refers you to their LiveChat. Their LiveChat is switched off, and you're directed to their webform. I've submitted a couple of messages and neither has been responded to.

It's like they're disappeared.

Has anyone got any news?

Comments

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 27,160
    It won't be a bad thing given my last purchase of "Nalini" clothing.
    Bear in mind that their business started off by selling cheap Chinese equipment.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • They are still bombarding me with crap emails as of this morning if thats any help....
  • garnett
    garnett Posts: 196
    Update - without any further contact, my order arrived today. Very odd, but there you go. Nothing to see here, folks.
    pblakeney said:

It won't be a bad thing given my last purchase of "Nalini" clothing.
    Bear in mind that their business started off by selling cheap Chinese equipment.

Generally, I've always found them exceptional value - not bought much of their clothing, but I find if you bypass their terrible product descriptions and (lack of) photos, and look for customer reviews on Youtube, some of their stuff is unbeatable for the price.
  • akh
    akh Posts: 206
    Bought a few cheap lights off them a couple of weeks ago. Delivered without issue. Got the usual dispatch email a day or two after ordering and they turned up in the post.
  • Not quite sure what you mean? Normal business times are 09:00 - 17:00 your post is 08:46 give us some details/timings…

https://www.planetx.co.uk
  • garnett
    Not quite which details you need to confirm that the phone lines are closed, and tell you to use LiveChat which is also not working.

Would have thought a company would know that without help from their customers.

Otherwise post the number that works and the we page with the LiveChat working.

I've received an email now explaining the other aspects, but it seems a bit disingenuous not to acknowledge the problem.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,227
    Could it be the case that with the increased ordering this year of all things bike, the staff of these companies focus on shipping physical stuff rather than answering emails and internet chat? Where's my order? We're v busy, it's coming...
  • garnett
    edited September 2020
    orraloon said:

Could it be the case that with the increased ordering this year of all things bike, the staff of these companies focus on shipping physical stuff rather than answering emails and internet chat? Where's my order? We're v busy, it's coming...

No doubt. 5 minutes to say so on the phone lines (rather than telling customers to go to LiveChat) and 5 minutes to write something on the website (to explain that LiveChat isn't working and that apart from communications everything is functioning - that way you carry on business AND keep your customers informed - double win, for the sake of 10 minutes.
  • I ordered some stuff last Thursday and it arrived on the Saturday.
    I've found that since they've switched to Royal Mail they've been really reliable.
  • They keep plugging their new gravel Free Ranger model (which seems exceptionally good value btw), so I guess they're still alive....
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    They are still there. Sorted out an issue I had over email.