Wiggle+ Change to terms and conditions?

Hi all,
I took out Wiggle+ for £9.99 in June which gave free next delivery on any number of orders.
At the time I am certain that you could place an order for any value and still get the next day delivery for free.
I have placed several orders often under the £20 and got great delivery the next day since then.
However, for my last two orders I have now had to go over the £20 delivery to get the next day delivery.
Reading the terms and conditions I can’t see any sign of this change. However, I have read the phrase ‘ the terms and conditions are subject to change at any time’.
Has anyone else experienced this please?

Comments

• Update - just found an email in my junk from Wiggle dated 25.08.20which stated that you now had to order at least £20 worth of goods to get free next day delivery.
    How can a company change something in such a way when I’d paid in good faith for a service? I wouldn’t have bothered if there had been the £20 condition. There is only a limit as to how much chamois cream you can buy to top up to £20!
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,776
    Wiggle's standard delivery was always quick enough that there was no point in paying extra unless you absolutely, positively had to have it next day. No point IMO.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    There was always a minimum order value. I signed up to their next day delivery subscription the day it was launched and the minimum order was £16 from the start.

The rise to £20 is reasonable in my mind, especially when you now get free returns.
  • dannbodge
    dannbodge Posts: 1,152
    I generally order more than £20 for me and after one or two orders the £9.99 sub is paid for.
    I buy stuff for my mates using it too, no-one likes waiting around for deliveries
  • Lesson learnt to always read the small print.
    I took it out without realising that you had to spend £16 minimum. Checked back and since taking it out in June all my orders were over this amount so hence not being charged.If I had realised that then no probably wouldn’t have bothered as others say their delivery is usually v good anyway.
    The next day delivery has been spot on so no complaints there. Occasionally, it can be useful to have this facility if you need to have a spare part etc, although I tend to stay well stocked with replacement tyres and the like. Ironically, the one time I did order a gravel tyre which I needed fairly quickly, they sent out completely the wrong tyre!
    I don’t think Wiggle, or any company come to that should be able to change the terms and conditions on a service you have bought. Yes, fair enough for new customers, but really should honour the existing conditions until the end of the period.
    Overall, I like the service from Wiggle. However, with this change I will spend just a bit more time checking other sellers. I’ve used a range . Merlin, Sigma and others have all been good. I probably won’t be renewing Wiggle+ next year although it’s pretty good value if you need stuff next day. Hermes the delivery people are good too so all in all no complaints!
  • akh
    akh Posts: 206
    For a one-off payment it's not bad. Standard next day is £4.99, so it's hard not to at least break even over 12 months if you occasionally want an item next day delivery.

As dannbodge says, It's no linked to an address either.

Although not advertised as such, I find their click and collect is usually next day anyway and you don' have to worry about missing the slot. Also no danger of the parcel being left outside.
  • skeetam
    skeetam Posts: 178
    I thought it wasn't bad value for next day delivery and a minimum spend of £16. Now with free returns and a min spend of £20, it's probably still worth if they actually had anything in stock to buy.
  • skeetam said:

I thought it wasn't bad value for next day delivery and a minimum spend of £16. Now with free returns and a min spend of £20, it's probably still worth if they actually had anything in stock to buy.

There is the rub. Finding things like headsets, cables etc is a real pain all around. I too was a bit miffed when min order went up just after I had paid for the next day offer.
  • skeetam
    skeetam Posts: 178

skeetam said:

There is the rub. Finding things like headsets, cables etc is a real pain all around. I too was a bit miffed when min order went up just after I had paid for the next day offer.
    Finding anything that is in stock seems to be a real issue at the moment, particularly Shimano. Do we blame this on Wiggle or COVID?

• david37
    david37 Posts: 1,313
    skeetam said:

skeetam said:

Finding anything that is in stock seems to be a real issue at the moment, particularly Shimano. Do we blame this on Wiggle or COVID?

blame wiggle, they're consolidating stock. Also the whole haribo thing is now hit and miss. when i dont get them i get p ****d off. i preger sigmasport now. they actually have customer service and are usually the same price.
  • stn5
    stn5 Posts: 44

There is only a limit as to how much chamois cream you can buy to top up to £20!

Muc off has risen in price from £11-12 pre covid to £20 now. That'll sort you out!

• Tried my luck returning an exploded Supersonic inner tube... I didn't think I did anything wrong with it and I got a refund... and the return postage was on Wiggle...

Win win
    left the forum March 2023
  • PMark
    PMark Posts: 159
    skeetam said:

skeetam said:

I was speaking to a bike shop in London over the weekend, trying to get some basic bike bits like locks/pumps for someone that is just starting to commute by bike, and they were completely out of most things. They were saying that other places are facing the issue now as we are hitting the period all the factories shut down in China (as most of it comes via ship). They recommend getting anything they didn’t have from amazon as they ship a lot via plane so don’t have as bad a problem.
  • stn5 said:

There is only a limit as to how much chamois cream you can buy to top up to £20!

Muc off has risen in price from £11-12 pre covid to £20 now. That'll sort you out!

I know! I really like the Mucoff stuff too! The best Chamois cream out there when it was the old pre- COVID price. Too much now to buy, even if it gets my order value up! :smile: