Power meter for Trek Domane

gforrow
gforrow Posts: 28
edited September 2020 in Road general
Looking at getting a power meter for the outdoor bike, as I am used to training to a number on the turbo.

Looked at 4iiii and Stages, but neither seem to fit the Domane, 2019 version. Has anyone got one fitted to a Domane? I have clearance for about half the length of the template, from the pedal towards the bottom bracket, so if the meter is fitted more towards the pedal, then I’m good.

Any info, appreciated. I can’t believe a big manufacturer is basically out of the market for regular meters.

Cheers

Comments

• I have a 2017
    Domane and a 4iiii, no problems at all with the fit. It’s a 52 frame with 170mm cranks if that makes any difference?
  • w00dster said:

I have a 2017
    Domane and a 4iiii, no problems at all with the fit. It’s a 52 frame with 170mm cranks if that makes any difference?

Can you get a photo please? Not sure how the chain stay size compares to mine. My frame is a 56 with 172.5 cranks.
  • Fuxing disc brakes...
    left the forum March 2023
  • I have the 105 5800 4iiii on my Cube, the pm bulge is ~1cm, ~11cm from the BB crank end on my 172.5mm version.

The pedal crank end goes closer to the chain stay than the 4iiii.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • I have the 105 5800 4iiii on my Cube, the pm bulge is ~1cm, ~11cm from the BB crank end on my 172.5mm version.

The pedal crank end goes closer to the chain stay than the 4iiii.

Thanks for the info. 11cm is roughly where I have the cadence sensor at the moment, with no issues. My concern is that both of the aforementioned PM's, have quite a long section indicated on the template. I presume the actual location could be narrowed down a lot more.

For the price of postage, maybe, I'll just give it a go.