Orbea Orca Aero or Merida Reacto 6000

Hi
I am in the market for my first aero bike. Both models would be mechanical ultegra, so looking for advice as both are roughly the same price. I like the look of the orbea frame but the Merida has the one piece cockpit that looks so much better. All comments welcome

Comments

• The Merida Reacto 6000 doesn't have the one piece cockpit. You have to go up to the 8000 to get that. Slightly misleading in the spec sheets as it lists the highlights of the full Reacto range. The 6000 has a Merida semi-integrated bar and stem.
  • Cheers for that.
  • Suit you, Sir!

Not a Giro Hero!
  • The picture shows no cables but even the 4000 picture shows no cables. Go to the spec and it lists the handlebar as a Merida Expert CW and the stem as an FSA SMR ACR. The 8000-E is the lowest spec that includes the Vision Metron 5D ACR fully integrated one-piece bar/stem that the OP was asking about. I have the non ACR Metron bar on a Scultura and it is amazing. Definitely worth looking at but you have to make sure the stem length and handlebar width is going to be OK for you.
  • Thaks drexel1975. So I take it that you are a merida fan and would not be in favour of the orbea.
  • I'm sure the Orbea would be just as good. It can also be specced with the Vision Metron bar.
    My local bike shop is a Merida and Bianchi dealer and my bikes are Merida and Bianchi although only by coincidence.
  • Thanks FreddieVonRost, I had seen that video and he gives a thumbs up to that alright. I really like the black and orange, so was playing with the idea do I get the model below i.e 5000 and buy the Vision 55 wheels and later on buy the one piece handlebar and stem.
  • FreddieVonRost
    FreddieVonRost Posts: 261
    edited September 2020
    Go for it, ktm. And may you ride shiny and chrome. :)
    Not a Giro Hero!
  • vegas76
    vegas76 Posts: 278
    Question is, can the dealer get any stock in the next 6 months?
  • Vegas76, you are spot on. Looking at February if order now. Wait till the new year could be into the summer. Plus I just got told in LBS that shimano parts are going to be hard to come by in the new year.
  • vegas76
    vegas76 Posts: 278
    ktm5000 said:

Vegas76, you are spot on. Looking at February if order now. Wait till the new year could be into the summer. Plus I just got told in LBS that shimano parts are going to be hard to come by in the new year.

It's bonkers! The upside to a new bike in February is that it makes winter riding a bit easier!