• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,532
    'ning

back to wfh, see how long my mellow mood lasts

tdf later
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Last morning. Most packing done. Mess about in pool, buggy for luggage and us to car, drive to airport, crush in with the masses, board, get sungodded on champagne, home. Boo.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Hounds walked but no run as tapering, so build the desk I ordered and haven’t got round to.

Now work stuff, later should be ale free but current wife has a meeting at the hospital re MIL so I image we will go out
  • Annual leave finished, so back to WFH again. Feed the little DHLs first, then drag the extra monitor back out and set up the home office on the dining table.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,146
    oxoman said:

Morning. Currently in enforced isolation until results in. Only the dog wants anything to do with me and I'm having to ignore him. Blue sky's here for a change.

Poor pooch. Maybe you could disinfect him every time you give him back to the rest of the family?

Working from the office today as I've got other errands to do in the big walled town later, including a bike ride hopefully.
    Getting nervous about the bug Currys lorry coming tomorrow. At least I've got the day off now.
  • sungod
    oxoman said:

Morning. Currently in enforced isolation until results in. Only the dog wants anything to do with me and I'm having to ignore him. Blue sky's here for a change.

last night my throat was on fire, eyes running, sweating...

...i got the chilis just right for the salmon in miso broth diablo, just needed to not accidentally have a bit go down the wrong way, it burns :smiley:

soz, hope that you and yours have it only most mildly and with no ill effects
  • Morning,
    cooked breakfast of egg, grilled tomatoes and mushrooms, with home made foraged hawthorn brown sauce... life couldn't be better
    left the forum March 2023
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,330
    Ugo in BB! Strange times.
    I had Porage.

Get that pooch some PPE Oxo.

Just waiting for il fait plu to ease then pedal. Though dislocated finger might be an impediment.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, cold start here misty woods etc couple of amusing emails to read through.

Being cold also means I should check the wood burner an see about firing it up, mean time get to try the lovely Rapha top I got in their sale.

Coffee and shenanigans are a go, work are headed to Italy this week, lucky bar stewards.
  • Good moaning all,
    It was a chilly 7°C when I pedalled off to work earlier but wow was it clear when the sun came up. You could see for miles and the air was still, smoke and steam from businesses going straight up. The sun remained out for my homeward journey and the temp has crept up to around 15°C and rising…

Coffee and apple now then think about fixing leaking roof
  • thistle_
    Step, get the wood burner sorted then it will be a scorchio September for the rest of us 😁
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,479
    oxoman said:

Just for Stevo OXO is officially POXO
    Free. Negative result for all, just need to shake this cold / high temp. Good news is OH has agreed to some new longs and tops to assist with temp swings we've been getting. Normally manage with summer or winter gear. Oh and everyone can leave me in peace tomorrow.

So you were just suffering from hypochondria then Oxo? :) Good news and your family will no longer treat you like a leper - that must warrant a beer or two to celebrate.

Doing not a lot today while the minions take the strain at work, unfortunately got a bit of Dad's taxi to do this evening.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170

Step, get the wood burner sorted then it will be a scorchio September for the rest of us 😁

Had a quick shifty, flue looks clear wood is in, no ones died or been smoked out rooms nice an warm now so I'm happy.
  • sungod
    oxoman said:

Stevo if a temp between hi 38s and 39s is hypochondria then guilty as charged, as to beer yuk. Taste buds shot. Everyone relieved and can go about their normal life and dog on his mat next to me.

just to cheer them up, read the false negative bit...
    https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/895843/S0519_Impact_of_false_positives_and_negatives.pdf

just realised tdf is on! this is what happens when one allows wfh to distract attention
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    edited September 2020
    sungod said:

oxoman said:

Stevo if a temp between hi 38s and 39s is hypochondria then guilty as charged, as to beer yuk. Taste buds shot. Everyone relieved and can go about their normal life and dog on his mat next to me.

just to cheer them up, read the false negative bit...
    https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/895843/S0519_Impact_of_false_positives_and_negatives.pdf

just realised tdf is on! this is what happens when one allows wfh to distract attention
    Same here. If I was working at work I'd have a cornetto in one hand, espresso in the other, feet up and tdf on ITV-player.
    At home I have mrs DHL asking me if I'm busy every five mins and can I fold this up, make lunch, wipe little DHLs bottom...etc...
    Scrub that, they've gone to the park to meet some friends (how many bubbles are you allowed?) So I'm off to the freezer and espresso machine.
  • sungod
    tdf not much action at the moment so went to fit new hoods on levers, had to cut the old ones off then used a heat gun to help ease the new ones on

think i have a webex later, if i remember to join
  • thistle_
    sungod said:

tdf not much action at the moment so went to fit new hoods on levers, had to cut the old ones off then used a heat gun to help ease the new ones on

Is it the sort you can do while riding?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,330

sungod said:

Yes, that's why he's called a clever dick.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Back, not that cold.

Only managed 3 splits of that N. Feuillatte stuff off BA before I felt the eyes of death burning a hole in me from across the aisle.

Nicked another for the bag, just to get the money's worth.
  • sungod

sungod said:

turned out i was doing the telling so not one for riding through, some people need feeding to the crocodiles, finished just in time for the last couple of km of tdf though
  • sungod
    hopkinb said:

Back, not that cold.

Only managed 3 splits of that N. Feuillatte stuff off BA before I felt the eyes of death burning a hole in me from across the aisle.

try harder next time :)
  • hopkinb said:

Back, not that cold.

Back just in time by the looks of it.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,479
    hopkinb said:

Back, not that cold.

Should have passed her a bottle and said 'You look right miserable luv, get some of this down you'. What's the worst that could happen? o:)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]