New commuter bike

Got this off EBay to build into a commuter bike and after yesterday’s ride home it’s going to have mudguards!!

Comments

• Harry182
    Harry182 Posts: 1,169
    I love a good functional/purposeful bike build. Am looking forward to seeing more.
  • Harry182 said:

I love a good functional/purposeful bike build. Am looking forward to seeing more.

Thanks Harry. I’ve got a Dolan L’Etape project on the go as well. I’ve just won the shifters on eBay so it should be done by the end of next weekend.

• ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,268
    Ah... a Dolan appreciation thread.
    The Prefissio is a fantastic frame... you can race it, you can use it for a 600 km Audax, you can use it as a winter bike... the colour scheme is also very nice. You'll probably realise very quickly that it's just as good as your best bike!
    left the forum March 2023
  • Cheers ugo.
    I like to be a bit different so I’ve also got a Starley that will be ready mid-week. I missed out on a Shorter recently which pissed me off.

I built a lovely but very striking Dolan last year that I recently sold to my brother.
    He has just taken up cycling and was talking to a rather opinionated bloke in the pub about bikes. The pub bore was bigging it up about his “rare” Dolan when my bro mentioned the fact that he had one and I’ve got 2!!

Pub bore shut up immediately.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    edited September 2020
    Can't go wrong with a Preffisio, Darrell!

Looking forward to seeing the Starley as well. :smiley:
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Ben6899 said:

Can't go wrong with a Preffisio, Darrell!

Looking forward to seeing the Starley as well. :smiley:

I’m picking it up from my lbs on Friday. 😉
  • Finally sorted this today.

• darrell1967
    darrell1967 Posts: 470
    Finally finished this and I’m really pleased with it. Goes really well but I think my 15 year old daughter might pinch it.

Specs are-
    Shimano Tiagra groupset
    Fulcrum Racing 5 with Conti 4 seasons
    Deda Elementi Trentacinque 35 bars and stem
    Cheap saddle (will be changed)

Hope you like it.

• Harry182
    Harry182 Posts: 1,169
    Looking good! Hope your daughter does pinch it -- More riders = better world. And it'll give you an excuse to get/build-up another.
  • arlowood
    arlowood Posts: 2,561

Looks better the correct way round
  • darrell1967
    arlowood said:

Looks better the correct way round

Thanks. I don’t know why it keeps doing that. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️
  • ledeev
    ledeev Posts: 208
    edited March 2021
    How do you find the Conti 4 Seasons? I always found them to be a bit of a handful whilst riding in the rain.
  • darrell1967
    edited March 2021
    ledeev said:

How do you find the Conti 4 Seasons? I always found them to be a bit of a handful whilst riding in the rain.

I’ve used them in the wet yet so I can’t comment.
    My other Dolan commuter has got Gatorskins on it and they’ve got a really bad rep for slipping about in the wet. I’ve never had an issue with them. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• darrell1967
    edited March 2021
    Duplicate post.