"Oh no, another chuffing what wheels thread"

Let me sketch out my requirement.

My posh bike is a a Cinelli Nemo Tig. I inflate the Tubular Campag Boras with a silca pump before I go out. In other words, I am a total tart when it comes to bike stuff. Form is utterly essential, as is performance, but I like the way stuff 'feels'. I spend an age choosing the colour of my Nemo.

I bought the boras (which are now 7 years old) because 1) they look amazing b) I can imagine them being put together by a caffeine fueled Italian in between breaks where he eats a salami sandwich while watching reruns of the classics on a tiny black and white TV.

So, what do I replace my Boras with? A newer set of Tubeless Boras?

Budget, sub £2k.

GOGO!
Insert bike here:

Comments

• ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,243
    The king of stereotypes...

also, not sure a B&W TV still exists in the all of Italy... my family had the last one in 1979.

No carburettors, not many nonnas left making orecchiette on a sunday, hardly any Ape or old style Vespa or Lambretta left, in fact they've all been snatched up by the new Mods in north London.

Some stereotypes remain:
    Gondolieri still don't pay tax, Mafia still exists and you're still likely to get mugged in Naples...

As for your wheels, no idea sorry
    left the forum March 2023
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,626
    Do Italians really wave their arms about a lot when talking?
  • mpatts
    mpatts Posts: 1,010

The king of stereotypes...

also, not sure a B&W TV still exists in the all of Italy... my family had the last one in 1979.

No carburettors, not many nonnas left making orecchiette on a sunday, hardly any Ape or old style Vespa or Lambretta left, in fact they've all been snatched up by the new Mods in north London.

Some stereotypes remain:
    Gondolieri still don't pay tax, Mafia still exists and you're still likely to get mugged in Naples...

As for your wheels, no idea sorry

I am, of course, kidding to make my point really.
    Insert bike here:
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,243
    I can't even begin to imagine how it feels to spend 2 grand on a pair of wheels... I did build Enve rims for people in the past, but they always supplied them...

I can't think of anything more trendy and cool than the Bora... maybe Corima?
    left the forum March 2023
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300

Do Italians really wave their arms about a lot when talking?

I wave my arms more when talking Italian than when talking English if that helps.
  • bobones
    bobones Posts: 1,215
    Let's see the bike, but I am thinking Bora WTO 33/45/60 with either light or dark decals depending on your paint job. If you need a splash of colour then stick to Bora Ones or Ultras.
  • amrushton
    amrushton Posts: 1,253
    I am a total tart when it comes to bike stuff. Form is utterly essential, as is performance, but I like the way stuff 'feels'.

Putting a price on bling. Surely price doesnt matter when it comes to bragging rights. Boras of course but Lightweight are the big dogs really. Thats the brand that will fire all the hatred/envy/admiration. Corima are stealthy and yes Bora are up there but dark decals for me. Enve are nice though -
  • mpatts
    mpatts Posts: 1,010
    amrushton said:

I am a total tart when it comes to bike stuff. Form is utterly essential, as is performance, but I like the way stuff 'feels'.

Putting a price on bling. Surely price doesnt matter when it comes to bragging rights. Boras of course but Lightweight are the big dogs really. Thats the brand that will fire all the hatred/envy/admiration. Corima are stealthy and yes Bora are up there but dark decals for me. Enve are nice though -

Very true. My next fave bike cost about a fiver.
    Insert bike here: