Clincher tyres for tubeless set up?

I have a set of Giant PA2 wheels which came as standard on my bike. They came as tubeless but I'm really not a fan and just want to now run them with inner tube and clincher tyre. I now need new tyres for them but am concerned about what would be compatible with the wheels. I've heard of cyclists blowing a clincher off the PA2 rims so want to check if I can use any old clincher...and if not, what should I use instead.
Many thanks,

Comments

• fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    What tyres have you got already ? You could just use those with a tube in ?
  • Do the PA2 rims have a trench around the middle of the rims? If not, that could cause a problem if you try to run them with a tubed tyre.
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,243
    My wife just bought a Liv bike with the same wheels, fitted with tubeless. I hope in the future we can replace them with standard clinchers... Maybe the people who had issues were trying to fit tyres too big for those rims?
    They look pretty standard rims to me
    left the forum March 2023
  • Thanks all. The bike came with Giant tyres which didn't last at all so need replacing and I wouldn't buy them again.
    So, any clincher tyre should work?
  • Do the PA2 rims have a trench around the middle of the rims? If not, that could cause a problem if you try to run them with a tubed tyre.

Trench, like the somme?
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,243

Thanks all. The bike came with Giant tyres which didn't last at all so need replacing and I wouldn't buy them again.
    So, any clincher tyre should work?

If the rims are hooked, there is no reason why you wouldn't be able to fit a clincher tyre. If you are really concerned, then get a tight fitting tyre like a Continental or a Schwalbe Durano, rather than something more loose fit like a Vittoria Corsa
    left the forum March 2023