Factor O2 Frame Sizing.

Hi,
I am 5`11" with inside leg of 32". My saddle is set at 79cms from middle of the bottom bracket to the top, following the seat tube and seat post. My reach from the nose of the saddle to the centre of the bars, is 53cms. The website says 58 with my height, but the reach would be miles to long. Any input welcome.
Cheers.

Comments

• neeb
    neeb Posts: 4,467
    Do you have a bike from another brand in a given size that you know fits you?
  • Hi, I have a Rourke which i had built about 5 years ago. My initial thoughts would have been a 56 frame, but as brands differ, like Colnago i would be a 54! My measurements are from a bike fit i had a few months ago, which suit me much better than i was riding before. Which was a more stretched position, causing aching in my shoulders.
  • neeb
    If you have the geometry of the rourke frame (or else its stack & reach), as well as how you are now set up from the bike fit (stem length, spacers, distance of saddle behind bottom bracket) it's possible to work out exactly how any frame would differ if you were set up in the same way.

Otherwise it's quite difficult, as things such as top tube length interact with seat tube angle etc. to affect the reach.
  • Thanks for the reply. I will get as many measurements together as i can and email them to factor. See where that takes me.
    Cheers.
  • neeb
    I've used this thing for years - I think there are a range of other similar and more sophisticated tools around these days.
    https://docs.zoho.com/sheet/published.do?rid=p2rrnf78b800f51254a4981208481abdf96a7&mode=embed

Stack and reach (i.e. reach horizontally from a vertical line through the BB to the top of the headtube, not from the saddle to the bars) are the best way to compare both frames and setups. Usually if a manufacturer doesn't provide frame stack and reach you can work them out from this tool, although fork length and fork rake are sometimes tricky to get..
  • Ive been looking at Factor as I look at getting a new bike. if you hadn't realised they are now a direct sales outfit and in the UK operating from their HQ in Norfolk. When I enquired about a bike the guys were really helpful. I'm sure if you go down there they will fit you out accordingly.
  • dazz_ni45
    dazz_ni45 Posts: 468
    I'm similar sizing to you and ride a 56 specialized, 56 cannondale etc and I'm a 56 in the Factor 02.
  • Thanks for the replies, really helpful. Neeb, i will check out the link you posted.
    Thanks once again.