Glueing Oakley lens

A small piece of my Oakley Radar EV photochromics snapped off when I wiped the lens. It’s right up in the corner out of my field of vision where it goes into the top corner of the frame. Given that it seems impossible to source a replacement lens I was thinking of glueing the small piece that broke. Anyone tried anything like this before? Which type of glue is best? I believe superglue can debond if it gets wet which is probably not ideal.

Comments

• pilot_pete
    pilot_pete Posts: 2,120
    Snap! Literally. Happened to mine a few weeks back. I returned to Oakley under warranty and they are just about to dispatch mine with a replacement lens. I went through the same as you looking everywhere for a replacement lens to no avail. I think it is corona virus that affected production.

Anyhow, worth going online and checking with Oakley direct.

I tried a number of glues but they all failed as it is under quite a bit of pressure when you put the lens into the frame. The other thing to note is using correct technique to remove/ refit the lens - remove from the nose bridge first then it comes out of the frame corners easily, reverse to refit.

PP
  • skyblue337
    skyblue337 Posts: 135
    Thanks for the reply. Mine are out of warranty but might be worth firing off an email to them to see. What’s weird about mine is it snapped with the lens in the frame.