Campagnolo bleed kit?

proto
proto Posts: 1,483
I'm putting a bike together, Campagnolo H11 discs, and need a bleed kit. Struggling to find one on online. Are there any alternatives, or universal kits, available?

Mineral oil system, and I understand Magura worked with Campagnolo, but don't know if a Magura kit would work. Plenty of universal kits on amazon but none of them mention Campagnolo. (but they do mention Magura!)

Any help or advice gratefully received. Thanks.

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    Contact Epic Bleed Solutions https://epicbleedsolutions.com/# and ask. They don't list a Campag kit but may know something. I bought one of their universal kits as I had 1 bike with a TRP Parabox and another with Shimano brakes and it came with lots of fittings so shoul do the job.
  • proto
    edited August 2020
    Thanks, but I've already contacted them and they came back negative.

Their reply:
    "I believe the Campagnolo brakes use a 4mm threaded fitting at the lever end which is something we do not yet supply. We will be working on bringing this to market in the future but we don't have a date for it."
  • veronese68
    Ah, that's dull. I'd be wary of other universal kits if they don't do it I suspect others won't but the sellers may not be as knowledgeable or scrupulous.
    You know mineral oil is just LHM but with different colour dye in small overpriced bottles.
  • proto
    I’ve ordered from Cycle Clinic In the end. I’m assuming it’s in stock as it doesn’t say it isn’t. Big assumption, possibly!

Yes, LHM, I chucked some away when clearing the garage a year ago, after selling my Citroen 2CV.
  • veronese68
    I think his website says if something is out of stock so you should be alright.
    At least LHM doesn't go off like DOT brake fluid so it may last until you decide to get another 2CV.