Bike accesories

Hi all I've just purchased a Carrera vengeance 2020 bike and looking for a bit help, I haven't rode for a while and looking to get I to mountain biking, I don't mean like jumping of edges just like paths etc in and around Yorkshire, so looking to see if it's possible to attach a camera of some sort to front wheel of bike to record treks outs etc, is something like that even available, if so what's recommended etc, any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks all

Comments

• Any Hero or similar. Secondhand via fleabay is the way to go.
    Not a Giro Hero!
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    GoPro cameras and the like are the most common action cameras used.
    Attaching one to a wheel won't work though!

There are a multitude of mounts available to attach the camera to the bike or the rider. The most common forward-facing positions are on the bars, on the riders chest and on the rider's helmet but creative mounting in different locations leads to more interesting and varied shooting angles.

“Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • reaperactual
    reaperactual Posts: 1,185
    Go Pros are great. Just be sure to choose a model with an LCD display, makes it easier to get your filming angle right instead of getting footage of the sky or the ground and not knowing until you get home and download.