Monday, Should this really be happening?

2»

Comments

• step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170

step83 said:

Get some of homers power up cheats you'll be fine he's cruising at near HGV speeds anyway

There was no power involved, just a big hill and a tailwind.

Clearly north of me, means your more north than Northampton, thats when you in the north an anything south of Southampton is the south. Logic that is, i learnt that in the pub :D
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,329
    step83 said:

step83 said:

Get some of homers power up cheats you'll be fine he's cruising at near HGV speeds anyway

There was no power involved, just a big hill and a tailwind.

Clearly north of me, means your more north than Northampton, thats when you in the north an anything south of Southampton is the south. Logic that is, i learnt that in the pub :D
    Does that mean I''m in the Midlands :o
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,366
    I thought North started at the Watford gap?

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,560
    pinno said:

Hadrian's Wall.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Hadrian's Wall.
    Don't be silly.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Hadrian's Wall.
    Don't be silly.
    It's there for a reason.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    The Picts have acquired ladders. So it's obsolete.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

It's the thought that counts. Especially when it comes to your illustrious leader, Wee Jimmy Krankie.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    pinno said:

Pedantry alert

Weren't the Picts shafted by the Paddies, called Scots (Clue is in the name) and then some of the same Paddies (Scots) returned to Ulster and everyone lived happily ever after?
  • Stevo_666
    Reminded me of this old jape:

Nicola Sturgeon travels to England for a meeting with the Queen. Over a cup of tea, the First Minister brings up her grand new plan. ‘Your Majesty,’ she begins. ‘Can we turn Scotland into a kingdom, in order to increase our role in the global economy?’ The Queen shakes her head and replies, ‘One needs a king for a kingdom, and unfortunately you are most certainly not a king.’ Not to be dissuaded, the politician asks, ‘Would it be possible to transform Scotland into an empire, then?’ ‘No,’ replies the Queen. ‘For an empire you need an emperor, and you are most certainly not an emperor.’ Sturgeon thinks for a moment and then asks if it’s possible to turn Scotland into a principality. The Queen replies, ‘For a principality, you need a prince – and you are not a prince.’ Pausing for a sip of her tea, Her Majesty then adds: ‘I don’t mean to appear rude, but having met both you and many other Scots, I think that Scotland is perfectly suited as a country.’
  • pinno
    North actually starts geographically at Cairnryan. Which is 1 mile north of where I am. So I am in the south.

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,028
    Bloody southern pansy.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • No, from my geography o-level you take a line from the seven estuary across to the wash, above which no-one does, hence the "black-country".
  • pinno
    Given that this 'North' is cultural not geographical, I think the map gets a bit complicated.

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,556
    it's easy, north starts at the marylebone road where postcodes begin with 'n', furthermore any london postcode area number that isn't '1' is, by definition, out in the sticks

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny