Raceface evolve removal

Hi,

I am trying to remove my raceface evolve crankset but struggling to work out how. Can anyone advise how? I have attached a photo of the drive side bolt.

Cheers.

Comments

• arlowood
    arlowood Posts: 2,561
    This is a video of possibly a slightly different model of Raceface crank but I reckon the principle will be the same for yours. It appears to have a self extracting feature built in with an outer 10mm bolt that holds a retaining washer/collar that acts as the base for the extraction process. There appears to be an inner 8mm alan bolt that does the actual extraction. Anyway watch the video and see if it helps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlfuqYEB2t8
  • You need to remove the bolt in the picture then use a crank pulling tool to remove the crank.
    should of used giantorangecannon
  • james.partridge
    james.partridge Posts: 10
    edited August 2020
    Cheers. I got the crank pulling tool so gonna give it a try tomorrow. The bolt is pretty damn tight so gonna take some work to get it out....
  • james.partridge
    james.partridge Posts: 10
    edited August 2020
    A bit of further advice needed.
    I have the external bolt out and the crank extractor screwed in.
    The issue I I have is when I wind the extractor in with the small end it doesn’t hit anything.
    When I use the larger end it’s gets tight to a point I can’t wind it in further.
    My question is the crank extractor just pushing the cranks out? Should I just give it some more effort?
  • When you feel some resistance keep turning and the crank should come off.
    should of used giantorangecannon
  • When you feel some resistance keep turning and the crank should come off.

I am getting resistance to the point i cant turn it, is this likely to be that it hasnt been taken off for a while or something else? To get it moving i think i will need to stand on the crank remover handle...