Decathlon Classic Steel Road Bike

Selling my longterm nostalgia project. This was my first road bike bought in Marseille way back when, around 2000. It has done a lot of memorable riding and been totally stripped and refitted over the last few years but with kids bikes now crowding out the garage it could do with a new home.
Don't know much about the frame itself - it is clearly a Decathlon Cobra but says it a 'special' version. Don't know what tubing but when it was all stripped back a few years ago I weighed it and the frame comes in at less than 1500g.
It used to have some Time carbon forks on there but they needed replacing a few years ago so they were replaced by some 1inch steerer carbon forks (aluminium steerer) from Evans.
Mavic Aksium wheels
Mixture of 10spd Sram Force and Red groupsets. The left shifter is a functionally a little odd, but shifts fine, if I remember. More like triple than double tap).
Bontrager compact bars
Original Selle Italia Flite Saddle (much used, I'm afraid. I think I bought it in about '95 when I was mountain biking) and original aluminium seat post.

Since managing to get it all built back up it has scarcely been used but I've not been able to bring myself to part with it. Needs must though.

Collection only from S Lakes/N Lancs area.

£275

https://www.flickr.com/photos/62861991@N00/with/50183945261/

Sizing
TT 56cm
Head Tube: 14cm (middle top race to middle bottom race)
Wheelbase : 100cm
BB-seat Collar : 56cm
BB Height 27cm

Comments