tuesday and the pit

2»

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,355

I'd wait until someone brings out a 14 speed. You might get a 7-50 then :lol:

I actually thought that the minimum curvature of the chain was 10 teeth. Unless they're using a different design.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    10 is pushing it on a chain sprocket. Any less and the tooth geometry becomes inefficient.
  • pinno
    So how did they come up with a 9?
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,152
    Italian black magic.

Or it'll be terrible and wear out after 100km and you'll have to buy a new cassette because the 9t isn't available separately.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,552
    pinno said:

So how did they come up with a 9?

it's really an 11, marketing just lopped off a couple of teeth
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • darkhairedlord
    I'll wager the cassette is at least €300.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,325
    I've got a SRAM cassette that is 10-42 I think. Needs an XD driver freehub as the sprocket is so small I don't think it would fit on a standard splined freehub. I know Campag have a different freehub is it smaller than SRAM/Shimano?
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,152

I've got a SRAM cassette that is 10-42 I think. Needs an XD driver freehub as the sprocket is so small I don't think it would fit on a standard splined freehub. I know Campag have a different freehub is it smaller than SRAM/Shimano?

I think there's something in the article about it needing a particular freebie body.
    Got the impression the 2 smallest cogs would hang off the edge but my imagination might've just gone a bit mad there
  • darkhairedlord
    Looks like the freehub is shorter to allow the two smallest to hang off the end. What a load of cr@p.
  • pinno
    If the cassette was a fixed unit...

I can't figure out how 13 fit in a standard 135mm drop out.
  • pinno
    Some info on 1x13 drive trains explained it to me.

https://www.bikeradar.com/features/rotor-1x13-hydraulic-groupset-weights-price-specs-details/?image=10&type=gallery&gallery=1&embedded_slideshow=1

So, I guess Campag have produced the hubs for the Ekar.