Lightweight, windproof ish top?

Evening.

I hope I explain this ok....

I’ve been using a sportful long sleeve top for a few years but it needs replacing. ( they don’t do this model anymore. )
It’s a really thin top that I’d wear over a gilet and arm warmers whilst I warmed up as I tend to leave the house quite early, whilst it’s still a bit parky.

So, I’m looking for recommendations for something lightweight, some wind proofing but not necessarily offering any water resistant properties and something that doesn’t sound or feel like a pocket of crisps!

Budget is flexible around £100.

Cheers Stuart.

Comments

• DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,736
    edited July 2020
    Castelli squadra? Might be a bit crisp packety when on and is a little water resistant but it's a packable windproof. Or their Superleggera is a more expensive version of the same idea.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,613
    Sportful Hotpack.

Galibier also seem to do something similar.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,579
    edited July 2020
    It's quite specific what you are after.

I've recently been impressed with some merino blend products, in that they have kepy my trunk warm pretty effectively:
    https://wiggle.co.uk/isadore-thermerino-long-sleeve-jersey-20

That could be worth a look, and is bang on budget.

I also really like my midweight Castelli SS jersey, but not sure if they do a LS version, perhaps Chpt3 do.
    https://sigmasports.com/item/Castelli/Mid-Weight-Short-Sleeve-Jersey/JBIL

I have to say if my torso got realyl cold though, I would simply look at one of the raft of gilets that are available, and the bonus with them is that breathability is not AS important.

I have a softspot for the Castelli Fondo, but I suspect that is too insulated for what you want.

I would have said Dotout are well worth a look, but it seems that Wiggle/CRC have sold all of their heavily discounted stock - they have a fair few with a merino blend.

Good luck!
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18