GP5000 with tan walls

zest28
zest28 Posts: 403
Seems GP5000 are now available with tan walls. So who is changing their current GP5000's for one of these?

Comments

• amrushton
    amrushton Posts: 1,253
    Somehow I suspect that we haven't put our lives on hold waiting for these (which will of course be specially priced)
  • joe_totale-2
    joe_totale-2 Posts: 1,333
    edited July 2020
    They look like painted sidewalls like the sidewalls on Schwalbe Pro Ones, they certainly don't look as good as proper cotton tan walls like on Corsas.
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,803
    As far as I’m aware they’re just GP5000 with cream paint round the edge. They’re not like a proper tan wall tyre where the sidewalls show the natural latex treated fabric and the tread is glued on. I could be wrong, but the pics looks suspiciously like paint. I can’t see Conti changing their production methods to start producing a ‘classic’ tan wall in a limited edition.
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,272
    One word... "Corsa"
    left the forum March 2023
  • andyrac
    andyrac Posts: 1,132
    25mm only.......no thanks.
    Continental in being conservative shocker....
    All Road/ Gravel: tbcWinter: tbcMTB: tbcRoad: tbc"Look at the time...." "he's fallen like an old lady on a cruise ship..."
  • Pays your money takes your choice. Not for me though. The GP5000s are way better than Corsas for grip especially in the wet.
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,272

Pays your money takes your choice. Not for me though. The GP5000s are way better than Corsas for grip especially in the wet.

I'm not a banker... I fit much cheaper tyres in the wet!
    left the forum March 2023
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437

As far as I’m aware they’re just GP5000 with cream paint round the edge. They’re not like a proper tan wall tyre where the sidewalls show the natural latex treated fabric and the tread is glued on. I could be wrong, but the pics looks suspiciously like paint. I can’t see Conti changing their production methods to start producing a ‘classic’ tan wall in a limited edition.

I believe you're right. 30gr heavier than normal GP5000.