Removing tubeless valve stem

Seems like a dumb question but I don’t want to damage anything. How do it remove this stem? I thought it would just push out but it’s not moving. Is it a push or a twist? I’ve removed the nut and washer from the other side.

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    edited July 2020
    Remove the valve core and tap with a light mallet, l have had to do it occasionally, I think with tightening up to tight and the sealant they tend to stick to the rim tape / rim
    Just a light tap though, have the valve in the 6 o’clock position on something soft
  • brundonbianchi
    brundonbianchi Posts: 689
    edited July 2020
    Once the nut and little washer are removed, it’s just a case of pushing it in. They can be tough, because of any cured sealant, but they will budge with a light tap from a mallet if needs be. Make sure the valve is covered with the cap before you tap it, if you want to reuse it though.
  • lesfirth
    lesfirth Posts: 1,382
    If your "final solution" for fixing a tubeless puncture is to fit an inner tube you will have to do this at the side of the road. Probably in the rain. I think I will leave the innertube at home in future.
  • dandancp
    dandancp Posts: 2
    Thanks all, will give that a try. My final solution for fixing a tubeless puncture on the side of a road is Uber XL!
  • oxoman said:

Tyre worms or plugs for all holes is the answer.

Good luck with that on a typical road bike tyre.