My 2020 Bianchi Oltre XR4 Disc.

I took delivery of this a few weeks ago.

A 2020 Bianchi Oltre XR4 disc, in Celeste, with the Campag Super Record EPS 12 speed groupset, hydraulic disc brakes ( 160 mm rotors ) and Fulcrum Wind 55 Carbon hoops.

I’ve been riding it a fair bit, it made lockdown a lot more bearable.

Comments

• a.palmer
    a.palmer Posts: 504
    That is very nice, I'd very much like a Bianchi in that colour
  • a.palmer said:

That is very nice, I'd very much like a Bianchi in that colour

There are some nice touches as well. The ‘black’ bits, are actually just lacquered Carbon. Every time you look down at the top tube you get to see the weave, it’s particularly nice on a bright sunny day.

• a.palmer
    a.palmer Posts: 504
    That does sound very nice. The bar/stem combo is very clean looking too
  • a.palmer said:

That does sound very nice. The bar/stem combo is very clean looking too

It’s an integrated bar and stem. Which is good in some ways and bad in others. It’s clean ( aero and aesthetically) but there’s no way of changing the stem and bars independently. It’s also a bit of a pain to swap, because of the fully internal brake hose and EPS wire routing, however, I made sure I was very careful with the fit and spec before I ordered, and it’s perfect for me as it is.

• That is a beauty. Celeste Biachi, best frame colour ever.
    Not a Giro Hero!
  • bamicus
    bamicus Posts: 2
    Of all the new bikes, these are the classiest, and beautiful. If you buy a Bianchi and don’t get Celeste, well...It’s like a yellow Ferrari!
  • bamicus said:

Of all the new bikes, these are the classiest, and beautiful. If you buy a Bianchi and don’t get Celeste, well...It’s like a yellow Ferrari!

I agree. I’m not usually one for ‘form over function’ and these bikes aren’t that. Bianchi have made a brutally fast bike, look very pretty. I love the exposed lacquered Carbon Fibre bits on the frame and fork, it’s a classy ( if not strictly necessary) touch.

• redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    Stunning machine! The colour scheme is beautiful.

Couple of things to really top it off though, get rid of the white bits on the bottles and your garmin. A black garmin case would do the job and try to find black bottles or celeste with black tops. The white just looks wrong.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,024
    Mrs HD just collected a Bianchi 105 Sprint and its a stunning bike.

I now have a touch of bike envy but just cant bring myself to get a matching colour.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • brundonbianchi
    brundonbianchi Posts: 689
    edited July 2020
    redvision said:

Couple of things to really top it off though, get rid of the white bits on the bottles and your garmin. A black garmin case would do the job and try to find black bottles or celeste with black tops. The white just looks wrong.

The black bottles have got a habit of swelling up / softening in the sun, to the point you can’t get them out of the cages easily enough, and your drinks get warm and manky, if you don’t start with them with loads of ice in them. Getting Celeste bottles is like trying to find rocking horse shit.

• joe_totale-2
    joe_totale-2 Posts: 1,333
    Proper dream bike that.

If you don't mind me asking, what size is that and how tall are you? There's a hell of a lot of seatpost showing as well as a fair stack below the stem.
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    Celeste water bottles available on eBay if you're interested.
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958

redvision said:

The black bottles have got a habit of swelling up / softening in the sun, to the point you can’t get them out of the cages easily enough, and your drinks get warm and manky, if you don’t start with them with loads of ice in them. Getting Celeste bottles is like trying to find rocking horse censored .

I'm only nitpicking but still think that removing the white would really top it off.

Why not look for some celeste bottles and also buy some black bottles of the same type, and use the tops on the celeste ones??

Anyway, like I say, I'm only nitpicking. The bike itself looks a dream. Enjoy it!
  • brundonbianchi
    edited July 2020

Proper dream bike that.

If you don't mind me asking, what size is that and how tall are you? There's a hell of a lot of seatpost showing as well as a fair stack below the stem.

I’m about 5ft 11 and it’s a 55cm. You’re quite astute about the positions. It’s because I got flattened by a car a few years back, and the seatpost has to be at maximum with the bars at that height, with this frame’s stack and reach, due to bits of metal in my neck causing issues if it was otherwise. The 57 couldn’t be made to fit comfortably enough, no matter what we tried. Granted it’s never going to be a ‘comfort’ bike, it’s a hardcore race bike, but I’d rather not be in agony if I can avoid it. The position is what the fitters jokingly referred to as the “King prawn”. It’s surprisingly common for injured riders apparently.

• redvision said:

redvision said:

The black bottles have got a habit of swelling up / softening in the sun, to the point you can’t get them out of the cages easily enough, and your drinks get warm and manky, if you don’t start with them with loads of ice in them. Getting Celeste bottles is like trying to find rocking horse censored .

I'm only nitpicking but still think that removing the white would really top it off.

Why not look for some celeste bottles and also buy some black bottles of the same type, and use the tops on the celeste ones??

Anyway, like I say, I'm only nitpicking. The bike itself looks a dream. Enjoy it!
    I have black bottles, they are a nightmare, for the reasons I mentioned.
  • bondurant
    bondurant Posts: 858
    Seem to recognise that bike...are you Racing Roadkill on one of the other bike forums?
  • brundonbianchi
    edited July 2020
    bondurant said:

Seem to recognise that bike...are you Racing Roadkill on one of the other bike forums?

Never heard of them. Unless it’s the forum that rhymes with HiCal sat, in which case I may have heard of them, but that site is ( allegedly) not very good, because some of the moderators are ( allegedly) idiots, so I don’t know for sure.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    bondurant said:

The 'troll's troll' is back. Yes, he is 'Racing Roadkill' on Cyclechat, 'Judge Dreadful' on Road CC and 'Marcus Aurelius' on Cycling UK. Also known on here previously as Milemuncher, Bottom Briquettes, Bikergrovish, Killerclown, Goatever, etc. In fact, IIRC he had a total of 10 different usernames on here - any he got banned with every single one. Poor fcker.
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,619
    Doesn't look like a Milemuncher machine. I thought he favoured a BTwin with about 11 items of luggage and 3 Garmins strapped to it.
  • imposter2.0
    edited July 2020
    mrb123 said:

Doesn't look like a Milemuncher machine. I thought he favoured a BTwin with about 11 items of luggage and 3 Garmins strapped to it.

I agree it's not his style at all - but it's definitely him. Maybe he carries everything in his backpack now ;)
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Maybe it’s not his bike as in the past he did post rides that were not his rides.
  • imposter2.0
    I actually think it is his, as he crows about it on just about every cycling forum on the internet. Maybe he won the lottery or something. They do say 'a fool and his money are soon parted'... ;)
  • yellowv2
    yellowv2 Posts: 282
    "because some of the moderators are ( allegedly) idiots,"
    As are some of the posters!
  • yellowv2 said:

"because some of the moderators are ( allegedly) idiots,"
    As are some of the posters!

I agree.

• webboo said:

Maybe it’s not his bike as in the past he did post rides that were not his rides.

Yes it is, and no he didn’t.
  • imposter2.0
    Well, if anyone had any doubts it might not be him, he's just confirmed that it is. Wonder how long he'll last this time... :trollface:
  • paulbox
    paulbox Posts: 1,203
    Very nice!
    XC: Giant Anthem X
    Fun: Yeti SB66
    Road: Litespeed C1, Cannondale Supersix Evo, Cervelo R5
    Trainer: Bianchi via Nirone
    Hack: GT hardtail with Schwalbe City Jets
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,519
    Not as nice as mine.
  • Such a sweet ride, love it