monday is only more monday

2»

Comments

• darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    new teeth to stop the gravy from dribbling out on the way home from the chippy.
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    Stevo_666 said:

I'll have to find some more grippy pedals though, and a new set of wheels.

The Wellgo ones recommended recently are good and grippy, more MTB style but you can't see that when there's a foot on them.
    which are the wellgo pedals that you speak of?
    I just fitted some wellgo's on it, platform type with moulded pins sticking up but not the pins that are screwed or pressed in so they don't appear to grip well. The bearings are pretty poor too.
    I use these on my commuter hack (and one mtb):
    https://merlincycles.com/wellgo-mg1-magnesium-platform-pedals-45615.html

They work well although the shoe sole needs to be have some give/softness in it so the pins can 'bite'. Good enough for me wearing trainers. Last for ages as well.
    she has these that are very similar. My Bad (as the kids would say) they do have removeable pins, just not grippy enough on kids trainers. Maybe shorter cranks would help, (currently 175 which is a bit(!) long when the cadence goes up.

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,604

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

@ too thirty?

Boom, boom.

Sunny now!?

Wallet bloody hurty more like it. I'm having 2 implants done.

Next appointment in a couple of weeks but at least he's fitted a temp so I've got my winning Teesside smile back :smile:
    This you Stevo?

Just broke a tooth. Booked in to see the butcher on Thursday. :'(
    Nah, hes too young, too handsome and has way too much hair :smile:

Good luck with the wallet extraction.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692

Stevo_666 said:

I'll have to find some more grippy pedals though, and a new set of wheels.

The Wellgo ones recommended recently are good and grippy, more MTB style but you can't see that when there's a foot on them.
    which are the wellgo pedals that you speak of?
    I just fitted some wellgo's on it, platform type with moulded pins sticking up but not the pins that are screwed or pressed in so they don't appear to grip well. The bearings are pretty poor too.
    I use these on my commuter hack (and one mtb):
    https://merlincycles.com/wellgo-mg1-magnesium-platform-pedals-45615.html

They work well although the shoe sole needs to be have some give/softness in it so the pins can 'bite'. Good enough for me wearing trainers. Last for ages as well.
    she has these that are very similar. My Bad (as the kids would say) they do have removeable pins, just not grippy enough on kids trainers. Maybe shorter cranks would help, (currently 175 which is a bit(!) long when the cadence goes up.

That's the kind of thing I was thinking of, I found them much grippier than the old bear cage things that were hopeless without toe clips on the pub hack.