'ning

pouring, may try ride if it dries

usual whirl of coffee, nyt and webexes
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    edited July 2020
    Morning, monsoon season in the east as well, I have just walked tigger he was not to happy to venture out, not sure what to do today, it looks like outdoors will be a wash out.
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Walk hounds and then a quick run before work. Later is fun bike and as it’s with a mate I assume it will end up in a pub garden
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning

Turned damp now here. Looked reasonable early on but couldn't be bothered getting up and going out. Advantages of having a dog I guess.
    oxoman said:

Rumour mill running wild here as everywhere slowing down, so may end up mothballed or worse. May be time to review the options and CV. Strange times.

Similar here but without the rumours.
    Not much to do at the moment, but that's partly because of the disruption caused by furloughing half the company then bringing them all back.

• ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Neighbour just been out into his garden to find out what was burning.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196

Finally.

Seems okay so far weather wise. One or two chores to do then pedal.
    Glad I only bought the Ocean 100 roof top box, it's hooge.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    pinno said:

Finally.

Boot not big enough?

Lots of meetings today so I will not see much daylight. Almost glad its dull out there....
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Finally.

Boot not big enough?
    Funny.

I don't have a dogging wagon.

• Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Finally.

Boot not big enough?
    Funny.

I don't have a dogging wagon.

You don't want a car that cramps your lifestyle. If you need any top tips on practical performance cars just let me know :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    edited July 2020
    Morning, skys a lovely shade of naval grey and totally featureless so summers gone I reckon.
    Mainly doing teams and webex meetings today which is very dull may liven up one of the meetings by not turning up.

Anyway back to meetings and pretending to be interested.

Oh is a passat estate classed as a dogging wagon or a dog transporting wagon?
  • Stevo_666
    step83 said:

Morning, skys a lovely shade of naval grey and totally featureless so summers gone I reckon.
    Mainly doing teams and webex meetings today which is very dull may liven up one of the meetings by not turning up.

Oh is a passat estate classed as a dogging wagon or a dog transporting wagon?

Both, just not at the same time...

I suppose Pinno could go for some midget dogging in his car.
  • pinno
    Do Thule do roof rack mattresses?

• thistle_
    step83 said:

Have you not mastered the meetings/webex + Zwift/RGT/Rouvy combo move yet?

• Stevo_666

step83 said:

Here's what you need: ctrl shift 7

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1UB1-LKX5E
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    Haven't left the house since Sunday. Going stir..........
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Evening folks,
    Busy day here, went to get the wrist x-rayed again as Dr said some scaphoid breaks don't show initially. Not sure if it being broken would be better, 6 weeks along I feel it would at least give a bit of direction.
    Then had to visit the old dear as she was upset because she's been told not to travel until she sees a cardiologist because of her ECG results.
    All of this whilst supposedly WFH.
    Bloody knackered now.
  • Stevo_666
    edited July 2020

Evening folks,
    Busy day here, went to get the wrist x-rayed again as Dr said some scaphoid breaks don't show initially. Not sure if it being broken would be better, 6 weeks along I feel it would at least give a bit of direction.
    Then had to visit the old dear as she was upset because she's been told not to travel until she sees a cardiologist because of her ECG results.
    All of this whilst supposedly WFH.
    Bloody knackered now.

Ouch. Have they stuck your wrist in a cast or something now V?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    No, waiting for it to be looked at and hopefully get results tomorrow or Monday. Still 'kin painful and very limited movement. Not keen on having a cast as driving to Italy and having a pool in 2 weeks. But, I'd rather have my wrist fixed.
  • thistle_
    When I did mine it was blatantly obvious on the first x-ray, but I couldn't make a fist either. It didn't hurt, I just couldn't physically do it with the break.
    Hope they figure it out anyway. I think a motability conversion takes longer than 2 weeks.

Still raining here. Not sure tomorrow's forecast scorchio is going to materialise.
  • Stevo_666

No, waiting for it to be looked at and hopefully get results tomorrow or Monday. Still 'kin painful and very limited movement. Not keen on having a cast as driving to Italy and having a pool in 2 weeks. But, I'd rather have my wrist fixed.

Fair point. Could also restrict other activities, depending on which wrist it is.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170

step83 said:

I did on one, everyone complained how loud my turbo was, justified as it is really noisy an short of a throat mic I doubt I can solve it.
  • thistle_
    step83 said:

step83 said:

I did on one, everyone complained how loud my turbo was, justified as it is really noisy an short of a throat mic I doubt I can solve it.
    I normally mute myself and slow down pedalling when I have to speak.
    Accidentally unmuted myself while going for a sprint the other day but luckily it was during a break. The couple of people still on the call did look a bit confused.
  • pinno
    Did they think you had 'company'?