Headset recommendation

thistle_
thistle_ Posts: 7,152
Can anyone recommend a headset for use with Discord/Whatsapp/Skype/Teams etc. while on Zwift?

I'm currently using a Jabra Evolve headset but it's a bit nice (and expensive) to get too sweaty, and you get a lot of wind noise from the mic from a fan/breathing.

I was thinking of something like this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Handsfree-Headphone-Non-Retail-Packaging-White/dp/B00SVCQ8DW but I don't know how good the microphone is, probably useless. A headset would be OK as long as it was easy to clean and wipe down afterwards.

Comments

• bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    I've been using my Jaybird Vistas, they're designed for sports so water resistant etc. Also bluetooth which is good, no wires to get caught on stuff. I guess a bit expensive if you were just going to turbo with them, but they're good headphones for general sports and outdoor activities too (and good regular headphones)
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,152
    They look nice but a bit too expensive, and I need one with a microphone (preferably with a mute or PTT button on it).
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    They do have a mic in, I've seen some bad reviews of it but to be honest it sounds fine to everyone ive spoken to using them.

They don't have a PTT button that's true. I use Discord on PTT mode though so not really had an issue with that. If I had bought them just for turbo I may have looked for that. Wireless is really good though for any sport.