Smart Turbos compatible with Campag Cassette

I am considering buying a smart turbo and setting up an old bike up on it. The bike is running campag centaur 10 speed. When I look at mid range smart turbos, there seems to be little compatibility with Campag. Can any one recomend a compatible turbo or is there a workaround. I have heard some peole running a Shimano 105 rear block with campag but I'm not convinced?

Comments

• mpatts
    mpatts Posts: 1,010
    I ran a 105 block with a chorus gruppo for an age. It was fine. I didnt think it would be.
    Insert bike here:
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Some of the Tacx smart turbos come with an edco freehub body that takes shimano/sram and campagnolo cassettes
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,744
    Thanks mfin that might be useful.

If it's 11 speed (I know the OP is 10) isn't it the case that it'll work anyway - question rather than statement ?
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,789
    I have a Shimano 11-30 cassette on my Neo 2T. It runs fine even though I use Athena and 29 is supposed to be the max at that. I do have to make a minor cable tension adjustment though.
    11 speed though so can’t comment on 10 speed.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • yellowv2
    yellowv2 Posts: 282
    You can change the freehub on some smart trainers. I have an elite Direto which I got a Campagnolo freehub for, to enable me to use a Veloce cassette.
  • ixporter
    ixporter Posts: 44
    As above I have a Elite Directo X running Campagnolo.
  • Harry182
    Harry182 Posts: 1,169
    Some 3rd party manufacturers do a Campagnolo spaced cassette that will fit a Shimano freehub. IIRC, Miche and Ambrosio do one.