Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, bright and windy, ride first thing , alterations to decking later
    Have a good week
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,532
    windy and cold, brrrrrr

for some reason, lots of broken glass has appeared in the roads over the weekend

time for cafe ii - the cantuccini strike back
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Cry 'Havoc!,' and let slip the Hippo's of war.

Anyway, very tired today lots of work to do pouring over data.

Also forgot yesterday once you have drilled through a steel lintel and the concrete behind, the drill bit is usually hot so I have a fun burn mark on the side of my hand now.

Agreeing on the cold side of things, no glass here the pub near me was very strict, two hour bookings and a maximum of four drinks each an you only get your next drink when you bring your glass back.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,146
    Meh
    Tired, didn't sleep well. No ride this morning, maybe at lunchtime.
    WFH in the meantime.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,330
    edited July 2020
    Ooh, I would avoid pubs and Cafe's - lurgy innit.

Aren't you immune Step?

Today will consist of: visit to town for new footwear, drive car on worst street to see if rattle number eleventy twelve has been fixed, make bread, have (in the words of Scooby doo) runch, drive 30 miles up the road (on cheap super u/l) to big park.

Weather is naff.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,009
    I didn't bother with the pub on Saturday night, I went to Central Park NYC on Zwift instead.

Got some stuff to do, then home for an early night.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • homers_double
    MTB forum is dead and I know a few of you get dirty in here so I have a question...

Taking the kids to sherwood forest for a few days and need to put some flats on the heckler instead of SPDs (ill be back to SPD once it's over). Anything decent for ~£20?

I'm not expecting miracles at this budget...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • step83
    edited July 2020
    pinno said:

Ooh, I would avoid pubs and Cafe's - lurgy innit.

Aren't you immune Step?

Today will consist of: visit to town for new footwear, drive car on worst street to see if rattle number eleventy twelve has been fixed, make bread, have (in the words of Scooby doo) runch, drive 30 miles up the road (on cheap super u/l) to big park.

Weather is naff.

I think I am, work are doing testing an when the antibody test is live I'm down to have that done. Still have to wear a mask etc still.

@homers_double

https://www.merlincycles.com/wellgo-b087u-platform-pedal-53356.html

Or if you a little more flush feeling DMR V8's are a couple quid more, maybe less shopping about

https://www.merlincycles.com/dmr-v8-classic-flat-pedals-47702.html

If you were a yokel I'd lob my DMR Vault platforms you way to borrow.
  • homers_double
    Nah Clumber Park lodges but we'll probably do a trips into the forest though.
    CP is booked solid on each site.

Flats are going to be easier if there is anything remotely social about and I won't click as I walk about.

Thanks for the tips, I'll have a look now.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Day off today, so fun bike has been enjoyed as has a pig based breakfast. Kids have been doing school work (since 6am for eldest) so we can go off playing tennis and karting 😎
  • pinno

Anything decent for ~£20?

Cable ties?

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,146

MTB forum is dead and I know a few of you get dirty in here so I have a question...

Taking the kids to sherwood forest for a few days and need to put some flats on the heckler instead of SPDs (ill be back to SPD once it's over). Anything decent for ~£20?

I'm not expecting miracles at this budget...

I've got some BBB flats which were about £15 when I got them, but they seem to be out of stock everywhere and over £25 now.
    They're solid and have a adjustable pins (which have never been adjustable ), but weigh a ton.

If you only need them for a few days you could buy some eBay tat and do some reviews? :smiley:
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-Pair-Flat-ALLOY-FLAT-PLATFORM-BIKE-PEDALS-9-16-MOUNTAIN-BICYCLE-MTB-BMX-CYCLE/392860340130
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BICYCLE-MOUNTAIN-MTB-BMX-BIKE-CYCLING-BEARING-ALLOY-FLAT-PLATFROM-PEDALS-9-16/282174478728
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-Bicycle-Mountain-MTB-BMX-Bike-Cycling-Bearing-Alloy-Flat-Platform-UK-9-16/223131626222 (clearly states you get 2 for that price :wink: )
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-Pair-Aluminum-Alloy-MTB-Platform-Adapter-Mountain-Flat-Pedals-Bike-Bicycl-H6E2/264778564709 (if you're not in a rush)

Or https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/PESSELP/superstar-el-plastique-flat-pedal interesting that PlanetX are selling Superstar stuff.
  • step83
    They went through a phase under the previous owner of buying up loads of random unsold/unsellable stock from other companies. The plastic pedals never really sold as well for Superstar as the Nano's were keenly priced.
    Interestingly now Planetx have changed owner they are reaching out to some of the more well known brands and shock horror, sorted their account out with Chicken so you should start seeing more Italian goodies appear.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,480
    I think the pedal top tips have already been done pretty well. Sure I've got a spare set of flats in the garage as well.

Quieter day today work-wise so getting stuff done without hassle so far. Big cottage pie is heating up in the oven - yum yum. Must still be peckish after yesterdays bike ride.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    edited July 2020
    I got a bundle - Merino socks, over shoes, over socks from Planet x once. Well priced (funny that).
    Never again. Cheap Chinese sh1t. Merino socks had a huge percentage of man made fibres in them. The over shoes fitted like a pillow case on a clothes peg and the over socks were as tight as could be. Both same size (apparently).
  • Stevo_666
    edited July 2020
    pinno said:

Merino socks had a huge percentage of man fibres in them.

Your socks had 'man fibres' in them?
    pinno said:

The over shoes fitted like a pillow case on a clothes peg.

Never heard of Johnnies called 'over shoes' before.

:p
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    Afternoon folks,
    In the orifice for the day going through my orders, all is well so far. Just had a sausage and egg sarnie from the cafe, could have eaten in but thought it best to have a take away
    step83 said:
    I've got a set of those on the lads bike and they were good enough that I bought another set for my pub hack.

Serviced bikes are being collected this evening in exchange for beer, this is good.
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

pinno said:

Edited.

(Don't give up your day job).
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

pinno said:

Edited.

(Don't give up your day job).
    Sorry, but that was a bit of an open goal :)
  • pinno
    It was really - bit like Vardy's first effort on Saturday.