Seized carbon post in Merida frame.. Extraction advice needed

Hello All,
I have a Merida ride 300 tiagra. The carbon seatpost is exrtremely tight in the seat tube...I have tried pouring 2 kettles of hot water at the top of the seat tube to expand the tube and release the seatpost...It didnt work.

Trying to most the post the vice (even with a wood bung in the centre of seatpost (seat clamp element removed)) destroyed the carbon fiber...all i could see I could do was saw the post and push it into the frame and just insert a new post.

Problem!! It went an inch and a half into the frame (below the line of seatpost clamp and doesnt seem to want to go any further. The top of the seat tube is 32mm and widens towards the bottom to 35mm. Is there anything down the seat tube that would prevent it from moving? watter bottle eyelets? I dont want to damage frame by hitting too hard...but pushing it in further seems the easiest option. Out of sight and mind :-)

Also...is there any way of getting it out. The post does obviously move but is extremely tight. Ideally I would still like to get it out..

Any thoughts please.

Cheers Jon.

Comments