Wheelsmith 38mm carbon clinchers

Hi

I'm selling my carbon wheelset, handbuilt by Derek McLay of Wheelsmith up here in Scotland - www.wheelsmith.co.uk

Most of the time they've been hanging from the garage ceiling coming out on fine days, however having moved to disc bike, don't see myself fitting to any bike in the future.

38mm deep clinchers, on 6 pawl Wheelsmith branded hubs, Shimano fit, titanium QR skewers and a set of part worn blue (Shimano fit) pads which are supplied by Wheelsmith for these rims.

The front rim is pretty much new as it was replaced by Derek following my damaging the old rim (my own stupid fault) and only used for a 3 day holiday in Girona last year - there is no visible sign of wear at all.

The rear has some signs of wear on the brake track as its an original rim, however hardly anything.

Hubs are sweet, no play in the freewheel.

Front is 664gr inc tape
Rear is 844gr inc tape

Using a ruler, I'd say they are 25mm external width and 18mm internal width. I was running 25mm tyres on them and there were flush.

Current build from Derek are £890.

Looking for £500.

Ideally it would be great for someone to see them and collect (Edinburgh), however will post in purpose made wheel box.

Cheers
David

Comments