Putting a Quarq DFour power meter on Pinarello Dogma?

Does anyone know if there is a way to put a Quarq DFour power meter on a 2019 Pinarello Dogma which has an Italian Threaded BB? The bike has a Shimano Dura Ace groupset installed. I ask because SRAM states that the Quarq DFour, which is specifically designed for Shimano Dura Ace drive train, requires a DUB BB and SRAM does not make an Italian threaded DUB BB. SRAM's own documentation states the for frames with a 70 Italian Threaded BB the solution is "*GXP crank with GXP Italian Threaded BB", which I interpret as "no you cannot put a Quarq DFour on that bike". I sent SRAM an email and simply have not gotten a reply.

Background for those who might be interested..

My interest in a Quarq DFour is #1 - price for all needed parts; $399 spider + $190 crank arms + about for $250+ chainrings + $50 for a DUB BB. Plus I could then sell my 9100 crankset to help cover the cost of the power meter. I think its a very good price for a power meter with Quarq reputation and accuracy. #2 - I prefer a dual sided crank/spider based power meter over pedal based, even good ones such as Assioma as I use Speed play pedals and do not want to change to Keo - Look based or SPD style pedals

Even more detail....
I am not interested in any dual crank/spider power meter that is built with Shimano 9100 crankset due the well documented accuracy issues which result from the design of the asymmetrical right side crank, see DCRainmaker or GPLama on tube for details, and specifically NOT Shimano 9100 P due to the HIGH price.

Comments