ride etc. webex, do some remote dabbling, try and drink extra coffee
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,878
    Mmm depending on the overnight traffic, might just fit a ride in
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, it’s feels more like September outdoors, a nurse is coming this morning to take some more blood
    Ride later if it stays fine, forecast not looking good though
    Have a good day
  • Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,703
    Teeming it down here and been doing so for a couple hours now at least. Therefore chickening out of riding (wimp!) today. No need to water the plants, on the plus side
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    edited July 2020
    Woe is me, woe is me. I've had as shocking run of events in the last few weeks. My inbox is overflowing.
    My telly licence hasn't been paid, two gas suppliers reckon I owe them money, there are problems with my Apple account, Amazon Prime account and my Paypal account details need verifying. Where do I begin?
    On top of that I've got to find time to buy Bitcoin to pay the chap you has been spying on my surfing habits.

Looking out the window, the only positive seems to be that the wind has dropped. Still no prospect of putting Mrs B's newly acquired patio furniture to any use though.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,163
    'ning
    Not raining here (yet), turbo set up outside ready to go.
    Meant to be WFH but struggling to get any motivation this morning.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Bally, not had any offers of money from random deceased relatives in far flung countries? I seem to have at l;east a half dozen I'll point a couple your way, sharing the wealth an all that.

Dry here currently though doubt it will be for long. Swapped wheels on the gravel bike yesterday an did some bits of maintenance, seems the cause of my crap brakes is lack of brake fluid. An i have none left which is typical.

Anyway off to grind some coffee beans and act like I know what I'm doing!
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,040
    How exciting can today get considering I'll be arguing about NDT of fabricated steel.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,410

Woe is me, woe is me. I've had as shocking run of events in the last few weeks. My inbox is overflowing.
    My telly licence hasn't been paid, two gas suppliers reckon I owe them money, there are problems with my Apple account, Amazon Prime account and my Paypal account details need verifying. Where do I begin?
    On top of that I've got to find time to buy Bitcoin to pay the chap you has been spying on my surfing habits.

Serves you right.

incidentally, nyt: New York Times?!

Bit dull here too. Not even the slightest breeze to chase the clouds away.

Last 2 days of schooling with Shorty as it's officially the summer hols as of Friday. Doesn't feel like it though. Damn C19 clusters daaan souf might piddle on holiday chips. B*stards.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,576
    yep, international edition nyt, only newspaper worth reading imo

i've got an online subscription too, lot of good stuff on the site, but a broadsheet newspaper is such a pleasing thing to spread out and read, especially in cafes

tubs still running on sealant, but definite bumpiness at a couple of the cuts
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,878
    pinno said:

Serves you right.

Last 2 days of schooling with Shorty as it's officially the summer hols as of Friday. Doesn't feel like it though. Damn C19 clusters daaan souf might piddle on holiday chips. B*stards.

You were going to Leicester on holiday?????
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,655
    tlw1 said:

pinno said:

Serves you right.

You were going to Leicester on holiday?????
    Bloody luxury for Pinno. He's sold out I tell you.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    No you plonker. Are we expecting an extension of lockdown rules (instead of an easing - announcement expected tomorrow in Jockland) because of a fear of a 2nd wave?
  • Stevo_666
    Less meetings today but still plenty of work to do. Also need to sort out my trip to the dentist for some wallet-numbing work.

It must be lunchtime judging by my belly rumblings...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

Also need to sort out my trip to the dentist for some wallet-numbing work.

More sore than the toof :)

• Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Also need to sort out my trip to the dentist for some wallet-numbing work.

More sore than the toof :)

Not yet...teeth involved have had root canal jobs so no gob pain whatsoever. However I do look like a bit gangsta driving round with my winning Teesside smile :smile:
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Email came through for tickets to the Rennsport Porsche event. Theres two car parks for guests, one for Porsche owners, other for other cars.

I'm going to enquire at my local dealer if I can get a lease on a Sonderkraftfahrzeug. 184 around Novermber time. I'm sure they will have one :D
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,163
    step83 said:

Email came through for tickets to the Rennsport Porsche event. Theres two car parks for guests, one for Porsche owners, other for other cars.

I'm going to enquire at my local dealer if I can get a lease on a Sonderkraftfahrzeug. 184 around Novermber time. I'm sure they will have one :D

You might get put in car park 3 with one of those.
  • Stevo_666

step83 said:

You might get put in car park 3 with one of those.
    Especially if he turns up in it wearing a grey uniform and a peaked cap.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,350
    Evening folks,
    Busy day of wfh trying to catch up after a day off yesterday. Nowhere near caught up, if anything I'm further behind. Others are back from furlough and generating more stupid questions.
  • Stevo_666

Evening folks,
    Busy day of wfh trying to catch up after a day off yesterday. Nowhere near caught up, if anything I'm further behind. Others are back from furlough and generating more stupid questions.

There were probably good reasons why they were furloughed...
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,712
    Full 8 hour work sesh, first time for a while. At least the temps were more suitable for work than play. Beer time.
  • pinno
    step83 said:

Step, my friend...

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,350
    Stevo_666 said:

Evening folks,

I'm a little surprised a couple of them have been allowed back I must say.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

step83 said:

Step, my friend...

You'll have to grovel a bit harder than that...
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

Evening folks,

I'm a little surprised a couple of them have been allowed back I must say.
    It takes time to make people redundant, so patience Young Jedi.
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

step83 said:

Step, my friend...

You'll have to grovel a bit harder than that...
    He'll have to grovel 'cos I got the frikkin Porsche. (OTOH, he could hire the other one).
  • pinno
    If he really wants to get in...