Which pressure washer for most economical water consumption?

2»

Comments

• ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,242
    edited July 2020

Yet another pointless gadget. Bucket and sponge is the best way to wash a bike and it's the most water efficient too

I used it to clean my bike yesterday. It used less water, was much quicker, and got mud etc out of every nook and cranny that I wouldn’t have been able to get to without a toothbrush etc. Much easier.
    Sure and good luck with the bearings... see you in the Workshop section when they need replacing...
    left the forum March 2023
  • Sure and good luck with the bearings... see you in the Workshop section when they need replacing...

To be honest mate, the pressure isn’t very high at all, so if that happens, it’ll be down to poor quality bearing seals, not this little pressure washer. The pressure level isn’t much more than me taking a mouthful of water and spitting it out 😂

• shortfall
    shortfall Posts: 3,288
    So like a hosepipe then............?
  • shortfall said:

So like a hosepipe then............?

No, nothing like it.

There are no adaptors on any of the house’s taps, to be able to connect a hosepipe properly, and the pressure isn’t very high anyway, so this little pressure washer is great for the job instead 👍
  • pilot_pete
    pilot_pete Posts: 2,120

The pressure level isn’t much more than me taking a mouthful of water and spitting it out 😂

Which is exactly like a hosepipe with the spray nozzle barely open. You can’t have it both ways. Either it is higher pressure than a hose pipe, or it’s not. If it’s as you say it would appear an unnecessary gadget as a hand pump sprayer would give you the portability or the hosepipe if at home.

PP
  • The pressure level isn’t much more than me taking a mouthful of water and spitting it out 😂

Which is exactly like a hosepipe with the spray nozzle barely open. You can’t have it both ways. Either it is higher pressure than a hose pipe, or it’s not. If it’s as you say it would appear an unnecessary gadget as a hand pump sprayer would give you the portability or the hosepipe if at home.

PP
    It’s not an unnecessary gadget, because I don’t have a hosepipe, and it used less water than if I use a bucket. Go and troll somebody else’s post mate 👍
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    edited July 2020
    We're back on page 1 again...

There are no adaptors on any of the house’s taps, to be able to connect a hosepipe properly,

These are readily available at any garden centre or homeware shop, for much less than the cost of a portable pressure washer..
  • We're back on page 1 again...

There are no adaptors on any of the house’s taps, to be able to connect a hosepipe properly,

These are readily available at any garden centre or homeware shop, for much less than the cost of a portable pressure washer..
    Yes, but I’m moving soon, and I want something portable 🤦‍♂️👍
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,738
    Just saying....

The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • imposter2.0

We're back on page 1 again...

Not sure if you're trolling or not - but the 'hozelock' style adaptors simply screw/unscrew onto the tap - so take them with you when you move. Also available as as clamp-on style, as PB has posted above...

• We're back on page 1 again...

Not sure if you're trolling or not - but the 'hozelock' style adaptors simply screw/unscrew onto the tap - so take them with you when you move. Also available as as clamp-on style, as PB has posted above...

Jesus. Give it a rest. The type of tap here isn’t one that one can just screw or clamp one of those adaptors onto, sadly.
  • If any moderators are watching this, please just delete the thread. One of the members here was nice enough to recommend the pressure washer that I eventually bought. The others seem to want to just rub me for not having taken their advice 🤷‍♂️
  • imposter2.0

Jesus. Give it a rest. The type of tap here isn’t one that one can just screw or clamp one of those adaptors onto, sadly.

Give what a rest? Making sense of your lack of clarity? First you 'didn't have any adaptors' - and now it seems the taps you have won't take adaptors anyway. It's almost like you're making this up as you go...

• Jesus. Give it a rest. The type of tap here isn’t one that one can just screw or clamp one of those adaptors onto, sadly.

Give what a rest? Making sense of your lack of clarity? First you 'didn't have any adaptors' - and now it seems the taps you have won't take adaptors anyway. It's almost like you're making this up as you go...

Good good 👍
  • masjer
    masjer Posts: 2,558
    This has turned into crime of the century. The pressure washer cost the op £50 (about £40 more than buying hoses /connectors). They get positive reviews online and look like they do a good job cleaning a bike. They're portable, frugal with water consumption and won't ruin bearings any more than a hose. What's the problem?
    Many on here wouldn't hesitate spending more than £50 on cycling apparel/ tools/ components.
  • imposter2.0
    masjer said:

This has turned into crime of the century. The pressure washer cost the op £50 (about £40 more than buying hoses /connectors). They get positive reviews online and look like they do a good job cleaning a bike. They're portable, frugal with water consumption and won't ruin bearings any more than a hose. What's the problem?
    Many on here wouldn't hesitate spending more than £50 on cycling apparel/ tools/ components.

I don't think anybody here cares about the price. The main issue is the OP's tortuous logic...

• I may new here, but methinks OP is overthinking this. Bucket and that yummy washing up liquid that will keep his hands soft and mild should suffice.
    Not a Giro Hero!
  • masjer said:

I don't think anybody here cares about the price. The main issue is the OP's tortuous logic...

Stop chatting sh*t mate. I’ve solved my problem, so move on.

I now have something I can use at home (frugal with water), which is light, and without the need to buy any hoses and adaptors etc, and which I can use to hose my MTB down after muddy rides in places I’ve had to drive to, so my car doesn’t get sh*t high in mud.

Feel free to post more undermining, arrogant, know-it-all comments on this thread, but I’m unfollowing it. A big thanks to the posted who recommended the pressure washer.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,738

...and which I can use to hose my MTB down after muddy rides in places I’ve had to drive to, so my car doesn’t get sh*t high in mud.

Now see, if you had simply included that important piece of info in your OP the responses would have been very different.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • imposter2.0
    pblakeney said:

...and which I can use to hose my MTB down after muddy rides in places I’ve had to drive to, so my car doesn’t get sh*t high in mud.

Now see, if you had simply included that important piece of info in your OP the responses would have been very different.
    Post-purchase rationalisation at its best.. ;)
  • david37
    david37 Posts: 1,313

I may new here, but methinks OP is overthinking this. Bucket and that yummy washing up liquid that will keep his hands soft and mild should suffice.

his hands could match his mind then :)
  • Indeed.
    Not a Giro Hero!