Action camera, new "budget" v 2nd hand GoPro?

So my old Amazon special camera died after 4 years use this week.

Looking at replacements, now weighing up getting another budget special or going Gopro which would have to be 2nd hand.

The quality on the old camera was good enough for me (I'm not into fancy videos) but the sound was annoying as hell when attached to bike.

Looking on Amazon and the like now there are plenty of £40-50 options but I suspect the quality will vary a lot. My brother has just picked up a 2nd hand GoPro session and it seems a whole lot better. Only concern on something like that would be the state of the battery for me.

So, any current knowledge/experience of the budget versions? Or words of support that 2nd hand GoPros will be fine?

Thanks
"I ride to eat"

Comments

• drummer_boy
    drummer_boy Posts: 236
    I've tried a myriad of cameras over the years and would go with a last generation GoPro or Garmin. For me this is because the image quality of the lens is far better than what I've seen on the major brands.
    Even going back to GoPro Hero 4s you get 1080p, and good quality camera. I still using a multiple Hero 4 setup for videoing live bands, as well as having a latest generation garmin Virb on my bike. The older model Virb Elites can be had for little money, and offer excellent value.