Kinetic K1 will not connect...HELP

Hello all,
I recently purchased the above trainer, my excitment setting it up was short lived. Downloaded Kinetic fit as instructions dictated, it initially connected, then froze during the update process. I have uninstalled and re-installed multiple times, turned trainer off and on again numerous time. Emails from Kinetic seem vague and unhelpful. My phone is an Samsung S9 android, can anyone help? I am no IT wizard but I am able to manage most 'normal' IT issues and connection issues.
Hopefully someone more experienced with these things can help.
Thanks,
Martin.

Comments

• From what I've read, Kinetic really have made a mess with their foray into the world of Smart trainers.

Owning a Kinetic Rock n Roll, I was keen to see their Smart offerings, but there's no way I'd opt for the K1 over any other trainer.

Few years back, their support was superb. I got really helpful support whenever I tried to contact them on technical matters. Now, they just don't return messages at all (in my experience).

To be honest, if it's still returnable, I'd get rid. Saris H3 would get my vote in that price bracket....
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,738
    edited July 2020
    I was in the same boat looking to upgrade from a R&R. After reading all reviews I plumped for a Neo 2T.
    Not much help to you now though. The R1 was looking so promising too.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • mkgcoyote
    mkgcoyote Posts: 2
    Thanks for your replies. I have had responces from Kinetic but I think they are vague and unhelpful. I will try to return I think.
    Thanks anyway.