Bottom Bracket & Hub Help

So I've currently got a 2019 Scott Aspect 750 which I've been riding for about a year. Theres been a few issues with the groupset on this and I've had enough of constantly fiddling with it and decided to upgrade. I'm thinking of getting the SRAM NX Eagle Dub set.

This'll be my first time upgrading and I've looked into all the parts I'll need, I'm just a bit caught up on the various sizes/standards of brackets. I know I'll need a dub bracket, I'm just not sure of the sizes and can't find out much information about the one in there currently (Shimano BB-UN-100). What do people recommend here?

The rear hub is less of an issue as the NX fits standard splined hubs right? I'm looking at the m6000 rear hub at the moment as these are the same as my brakes and not too expensive. Would there be any issues with this & the cassette or anything to look out for with the rims etc?

For reference, these are the components I currently have (other than the brakes which have been changed to the m6000's)

Any feedback is much appreciated, thanks!

Edit: I'm also based in the UK if that makes any difference.

Comments

• reaperactual
    reaperactual Posts: 1,185
    edited June 2020
    Your Scott bike has a 73mm BSA threaded shell so the Sram NX Eagle DUB (Sram GPX) external cup bottom bracket will fit fine.👍

You won't have to change the rear hub as the original Formula hub has the correct Shimano splined freehub to fit the NX Eagle 12 speed cassette.👍👍

The only issue would be fitting the correct crankset for optimal chainline to fit your Scott's back end.🤔

Although rear hub is quick release I can't be sure if you have a standard 135qr or Boost 141qr which are common on Scott bikes. I don't know whether your specific bike has Boost or non Boost spacing. I have looked at bike spec and also tried to find out by looking for spec on your Formula hub with no luck.😣

Finding out will determine the correct crankset (Boost/non Boost) for the choosing the right chainring offset to suit the cassette position which relies on knowing which rear end standard your bike has.😪

Hopefully someone else would be able to answer this who has more experience with Scott bikes and which crankset would be most suitable for you.😭
  • Spyks013
    Spyks013 Posts: 3
    That's perfect, thank you!

I'm fairly certain I dont have a boost set at the moment, but I'll have a look and double check that later :)