50/34t chain rings replacements needed?

Hi All,
My trusty Boardman Team Carbon 2016 is in need of a new chain and I'm considering changing the FSA 110BCD 50/34T Chain rings but wonder what I should buy as replacements?
I've previously changed the chain to a SRAM PC1031 and had no problems with it but is there a better alternative for similar money out there?
Also as the bike has done around 7-8000 miles in mainly dry miles but as I'm changing the chain, it measures just over 12" 1/16, is it worth changing the chain rings? Cassette was changed around a year ago so should be ok.
Suggestions on which chain and the chain rings please.
Regards.
Tony.

Comments

• tonysj
    tonysj Posts: 391
    Its fitted with Shimano Tiagra 10speed FYI.
    Tony.
  • shortfall
    shortfall Posts: 3,288
    FWIW I think the chainrings should be fine at that mileage. In my experence KMC chains are pretty good but I'd say they're all much of a muchness if you look after them. Also given that Tiagra stuff is so cheap I'd get a new cassette at the same time if it was me, but if you're on a budget you could try a new chain on your existing cassette and it might be ok.
  • tonysj
    tonysj Posts: 391

shortfall said:

FWIW I think the chainrings should be fine at that mileage. In my experence KMC chains are pretty good but I'd say they're all much of a muchness if you look after them. Also given that Tiagra stuff is so cheap I'd get a new cassette at the same time if it was me, but if you're on a budget you could try a new chain on your existing cassette and it might be ok.

SF, Thanks for the advice I think I will get the chain and cassette, just in case its worn and doesn't look it.
    The chain rings may just be the worn chain when I pull the links back away for the chain rings!!
    Does anyone know the best [laces to get these parts or is it just websearch and price them up. I've only ever used Wiggle and Halfords and don't tend to search/check other stores online.
    Regards.
    T.
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,237
    The small ring should last forever. I've had three large rings and the inner is still the original... the chainset must have done 30,000 miles by now
    left the forum March 2023
  • dj58
    dj58 Posts: 2,217
    ugo is that the Shimano CX 46/36 Chainset you fitted to the Fugio?