Wheel, Boost hub and Sram Eagle advice please

I wrecked my rear wheel today bumping up a high curb (it had done thousands of miles) and so need to get a replacement.

Its a 27.5 Boost 12x148mm rear with 12 speed Sram Eagle GX Cassette.

I cannot identify the hub type as it is unbranded.

Will any 27.5 wheel with 148mm boost spacing and a Sram XD drive be compatible with the 12 speed Eagle GX or do I have to look for a different hub mount for the Eagle cassette?

The reason I ask, is that some wheels with XD and 148 boost hub are only described as 11 speed so would a 12 speed Eagle fit them?

Comments

• whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,702
    Any Boost wheel with an XD driver will work. XD is used for 11 and 12 speed MTB cassettes and one or two road 11 speed cassettes. There is also XDR which is used for 12 speed road cassettes, which may be why a wheel with an XD driver is marked as 11 speed, but for an MTB with Eagle, the standard XD driver will work (as will an XDR driver with a 1.85mm spacer).
  • Perrygc
    Perrygc Posts: 13
    whyamihere, thanks for the advice, much appreciated. I hope to order a new wheel this week although many retailers are currently carrying such low stock now that getting some bike parts at the moment can be a real chore.