Powertap P2 pedals

It seems that I'll be able to add these on to a certain bike purchase via C2W, has anyone got any first had reviews of these?

Ideally I'd get Vectors however the shop where the bike is coming from doesn't sell them and these are a few hundred cheaper as well.
Advocate of disc brakes.

Comments

• fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    DC Rainmaker is the Bible for all technical things like this.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,019
    I've read his review which pretty much reads "they're a bit heavier than the alternatives and maybe not as pretty but they do work straight out of the box"
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • bigmitch41
    bigmitch41 Posts: 685
    Ive got the P1's and they have been reliable, the Vector 3's I had before the powertaps where awful!
    Paracyclist
    @Bigmitch_racing
    2010 Specialized Tricross (commuter)
    2014 Whyte T129-S
    2016 Specialized Tarmac Ultegra Di2
    Big Mitch - YouTube
  • joe2019
    joe2019 Posts: 1,338
    Favero Assioma, just get these, you won't regret it.
  • Yep, I'd go Assioma over any other pedal based gauge right now...
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,019
    Problem is the shop, I've ordered a bike and was adding these on but they have P1's, Look in pedals, Stages and 4i in cranks.

I may end up with dual sided stages cranks as 11spd is compatible with my current 10spd drive train.

£949 is a bit of a sickening amount though.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • joe2019
    edited June 2020
    In that case I would get a normal crankset and regular Look pedals, and buy a one-sided Favero Assimo for £400.

You'll be pleased you did, they work flawlessly, read some reviews of Assimo and Beppo's.

NO WAY would I pay £949 for Stages.
  • Simon, our technical writer on BikeRadar, has just started testing a set of Favero Assioma power pedals – first impressions are good and we'll have a full review in due course.
  • joe2019
    edited June 2020

Simon, our technical writer on BikeRadar, has just started testing a set of Favero Assioma power pedals – first impressions are good and we'll have a full review in due course.

I look forward to reading it.

I've done a 4 year test on a pair of Bepro's and they have been flawless; ridden almost daily, in all weathers, with no power spikes or drop outs, they have always worked as exactly as expected and never failed me.

I particularly like the USB charging aspect and the 4 hour low battery warning, meaning that you will probably never run out of power during a ride.

They are superb value for money.

I would upgrade to Assimo's, for the easier fitting, but until these fail me I have no reason to.