Indoor training Watt Atom or Neo 2T

Hi all, been awhile focused more on running as more convenient and recently brought a treadmill and setting up a home gym. I want to add an indoor bike option to.
I have my only do it all bike a Mason Bokeh which I ride outside when I can including to/from work (currently working from home) and started to look at trainers, I narrowed it down to either the Wahoo Kickr and eventually add the climb or the Neo 2T which seems to edge it slightly on road feel Vs Wahoo Kickr on its own. I would then look to eventually add a second dedicated cheaper bike to the turbo.
I originally dismissed a smart spin bikes as either too expensive and/or proprietary system not compatible with 3rd parties like Zwift et el like Paloton. Indeed the Tacx/Wahoo bikes are over £2.5k which doesn't make economical viability sense compared to trainer plus second bike, however I've seen the Atom approx £1500 ish which be about the same as Neo 2T plus second bike, so which give the better ride feel/experience?
Yes I "lose" the second outdoor bike with the Atom but longer term wear/tear dedicated indoor trainer ready waiting no Fathing and specs appear to be same. From what I understand having read DC Rainmaker reviews is the Atom doesn't give same feedback/feel when changing gears just the resistance changes and gear change is just buttons rather than levers like on bike+trainer...
So anyone real experience of using both/feedback?
Which would you go Neo 2 T, Wahoo Kickr or Atom?
Tia Andy

Comments

• GP Llama or DC Rainmaker should give you all the feedback you need...
  • andyh01
    andyh01 Posts: 599
    Yes read DC Rainmaker which what makes me think the Neo 2T slightly edges it in terms of ride feel over the Wahoo (although not sure if the wahoo kickr + climb would be better than just Neo 2T?) And gives the impression the Atom may not give as much "feedback" like when changing resistance Vs changing gears on bike but the other smart bikes that give better gear changes are out of budget as DD TT plus second bike be more ecconmical
  • sam_h_1984
    sam_h_1984 Posts: 14
    any of your local shops open? they might let you try them.

I'd go with the Neo purely based on the fact it allows the bike to move side to side slightly. Makes it so much more comfortable on the rear end. Unless you're using a Rockr?