Carbon damage

Hello everyone

I have some damage in my carbon frame due to a broken gear. I want to know if it needs to be fixed, if it needs to be fixed, can I do it myself? If I can't do it myself, how much will it cost approximately? (I am a student so I don't like spending to much money on the bike)

Photos of the bike and damage below.

Comments

• Don't think I'd be worrying too much about that.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,659
    Nope, I would be annoyed by that but not concerned about fixing it in a hurry. Might suggest you get a chain catcher fitted to prevent chain drop in there maybe
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • bobones
    bobones Posts: 1,215
    It's just cosmetic, but you could fill that and smooth it down with wet and dry, paint and clear coat it. Various videos on YT for method. Otherwise pay someone with experience to do it for you. I can vouch for Andy at Magnafibre. Very cheap, but you'd have to ship bike and wait a few weeks.
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 16,703
    I'm normally in the "nothing to worry about" camp when it comes to these things, but that's not necessarily trivial because it appears to have dug down a few layers and isn't miles from where the chain stay will be plugged in. I'd be inclined at some stage to get it looked at, although it is not perhaps critically urgent.
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    That is pretty deep, also the Mark's around the bb look bad. Is this how it came or from the chain drop?